add more paper panel functionality

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
malcooning

add more paper panel functionality

Post by malcooning »

How about adding the ability to change paper names within the paper panel, so we could sort them by name, and therefore we can place the most used ones at the top of the panel?
As well, it would be great to see information about the paper too (file size and resolution mainly), which can come up in the tooltip pop up once you leave the cursor on the paper.

cheers
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

If I have understood you would like a complete paper management panel?
I think it is a great addition. I add this feature in the list.
Ex TVPaint Team
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

I think you have taken this request seriously! :)

thinking of which, how about a brush management panel as well?
by this I mean a panel that resembles the paper panel, and that allows:
- browsing through all of the user brushes
- change brushes names
- preview the brushes, including animated brushes, in a decent preview size
- sort brushes in custom categories (i.e. ink, pencil, cut-outs etc.)
- export + import

of course you can some of these function via custom panels, but I feel that there's too much weight on the functionality of the panels, and that the sorting of brushes should be given more dedicated importance. currently If I want to export a handful of brushes, I need to select and copy the ones I want into a new toolbar, and then export that toolbar. But it would be nice to just ctrl+select (or any other function) and export all the selected brushes into a newly created folder or .bin file.
As for previewing brushes at decent size, on a background color of your choice - that would surely be an advantage. Currently, if I want to find a brush that I lost from my custom panels, I need to go into the brushes folder, and go through indecipherable long file names, being ablr to see only the first frame of animated brushes, so the guessing might take a while if you have hundreds of brushes.

I hope I didn't explain too terribly...

cheers for taking so many suggestions into account.
fabrice_

Post by fabrice_ »

Regarding Animbrushes and Papers, it would be nice to assign a specific paper to a tool (especially when creating a button on a custom panel). :wink:

Fabrice Debarge / Beta-Team member / Author of the user-manual.
djm99001

While we're on the subject of the management of brushes...

Post by djm99001 »

I can add another detail to this request regarding the management of brushes and paper--the bin needs to display more information than merely the nib image and the size label. I ought to see a status bar or box below the bin window that shows me the other details of this brush. I have many brushes that are identically sized but have different power, opacity, drying settings, etc.
Does anyone else find the bin to be oddly simple?

Thanks!
David