Various requests

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Joost

Various requests

Post by Joost »

Hello,

I'm almost working daily with tvpaint.
So I'm very curious what tvpaint 11 will offer us. Let's hope for the best! :D

The following list considers important improvements for me to consider buying tvpaint 11. I'm curious what other users think about this list and what your most important improvements would be.

Here's the list:

-drag and drop custom tools in a toolbar.
-"real" layer groups. (Like in Photoshop)
-ctrl and cmd button switched on a mac (like every other software). -> So selecting multiple layers would be with cmd, not with ctrl on mac
-The option to select more than two layers using the keyboard shortcut shitft up/down
-mac bugs fixed like getting the arrow tool in stead of the cross tool every time you save your project.
-When closing a project we shoul get the question : would you like to save save/don'tsave/cancel.
-When starting a new project, you should have the option to have your first layer without the post behaviour on hold.
-Selecting multiple frames in multiple layers.
-The possibility to select frames and still moving your timeline cursor without deselecting the frames
-Move an object multiple frames in multiple layers at the same time.
-Have tho option to move a layer outside your canvas and back (my favourite request!)
-Have the option to have different project sizes in different clips
-the possibility to separate "project window" and "clip: time line window"

-to be continued....

EDIT : topic renamed from "Will I buy tvpaint 11 or not?" to "Various requests".
It describes the content of the topic better.
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
schwarzgrau

Re: Will I buy tvpaint 11 or not?

Post by schwarzgrau »

A lot of feature request which are in the forum as long as I am. So I hope many of them are integrated/fixed in 11.

Unfortunately this one will probably not integrated
-Have tho option to move a layer outside your canvas and back (my favourite request!)
If I remember correctly someone of the TVPaint team told us, that this isn't possible with the current core of the software.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Anything that'll help me improve speed, efficiency and will benefit all over user-friendliness will make me consider upgrading.
But right now I have no clue what ambitions the team has.

Edit; oh and I'm talking about possible improvements, I'm not complaining about the way things are now.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
schwarzgrau

Re: Various requests

Post by schwarzgrau »

The only things I know is that they changed the color picker and it sounds like they improved the timeline/layer panel.
I would wish for anti aliasing in the fill tool, but it seems it will still take some time till we hear something about it (fill, will, still and till in one sentence!)
INSTAGRAM
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

schwarzgrau wrote:A lot of feature request which are in the forum as long as I am. So I hope many of them are integrated/fixed in 11.

Unfortunately this one will probably not integrated
If I remember correctly someone of the TVPaint team told us, that this isn't possible with the current core of the software.
yes this is a bummer
but a workaround, apart from simply working in a larger dimensioned project, is to set the panning tool to Fill.
that way you can always pan your lines back in later.
i always use this when i'm finetuning my spacing with drawn elements along the edge of the project,
only when i'm happy with the spacing and want to finalise the animation i have to do the extra step of erasing the spills on the other side of the project.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

this isn't a solution, but a pretty good hint. Thank you.
INSTAGRAM
Brusen

Post by Brusen »

"Have tho option to move a layer outside your canvas and back (my favourite request!)"

+1 +1 +1
This is a very needed function

Yes, you can scale the layer, BUT it might end up with confusion down the pipeline, as the comp-artist gets the export. :!: