extract with AA on CTG layer

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
schwarzgrau

Re: extract with AA on CTG layer

Post by schwarzgrau »

Oh that's somehow good to know. I thought maybe it's only remember the settings for one CTG layer. By the way It doesn't remember the AA-settings on Windows or OS X.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Sorry to dig deeper, but what exactly do you have done to this feature ? I don't see any difference to 11.0.2 either on Windows than on OS X.
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

When you activate AA, the panel does'nt close. Meaning you don't have to click again on the icon to then export it. I think that's the only difference.
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Right, that's something new.
INSTAGRAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

schwarzgrau wrote:Sorry to dig deeper, but what exactly do you have done to this feature ? I don't see any difference to 11.0.2 either on Windows than on OS X.
You can also tick the colours you want to extract, instead of 1 or all. That's really handy, especially when you need to apply Fx (i.e. Toon shading) on an element made of several colours (for instance, skin and chick colours, which belong to the same "object", so they share the same shadow).
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Oh that's useful too and the changelog shows some work done to the CTG layer, but I'm talking about this change
Extract Color now remembers AA choice.
I wonder why it's on the list, but neither works on Windows or on OS X. That's the reason, why I thought maybe I just misunderstood what the feature should do.
INSTAGRAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Once you enable AA, it is remembered (you don't have to enable it again next time you will need to extract something).

It behaves that way on my version.
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Elodie wrote:Once you enable AA, it is remembered (you don't have to enable it again next time you will need to extract something).

It behaves that way on my version.
Yes but I guess we want this option to be global, for all layers, not just for the current layer :)
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Ah ok then it works, but differently than I expected. I didn't noticed that it works for one layer, cause when you tick the AA checkbox and you extract the colors it remembers your choice, but if you tick the checkbox and just click somewhere else without extracting colors it doesn't remember your choice.

As Nathan said it would be nice if your choice could be saved in something like a global variable option. I always use AA when extracting CTG layers, but I have to check it on every new CTG layer.

Edited by Fabrice (global variable is something else for developpers)
INSTAGRAM