Linked Instances

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
juansolimar

Linked Instances

Post by juansolimar »

is there any chance to make that one draw repeats in other instance, and when you modify anyone of those, automatically modify the other (in all the "copies of the instance")?
like a symbol in adobe flash. you can duplicate the symbol, but when you modify one, this modify all the others symbols.
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Linked Instances

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

yes, this is possible, but first tell us which version and which operating system you are working with because this is a fairly new development.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
juansolimar

Post by juansolimar »

Thanks!
the tvpaint version 10, and the operative system is windows 7 (64 bits)
Paul Fierlinger

Great, then you should be able to do it. To understand the process first you should know that you must rename any frame that you want cloned so that it will have a unique name. Highlight all the frames you want cloned (tracked) and press the AUTO button. It will add an * to each number so that your frames will look like this:
*1 *2 *3 etc.
Now to test this, make an anim layer with four frames and draw a scribble in each frame.
Highlight those frames and press the AUTO button. Each frame should receive an * in front of its name.
Copy these frames and paste/copy then several times along the timeline.
Now make a big red X across the first frame and click on the button with the large letter T in the green field (for Tracker). You will see that all the copies of that frame you had made will receive the red X.

The Black T is just to rename a single frame, whereas the green one automates the process across any number of selected frames.

TRACKER SHORTCUTS.tvpx
Tracker Shortcuts made by Mads Juul
(104 KiB) Downloaded 1131 times
Paul
2dbert

Post by 2dbert »

You didn't mention whether you use the standard or professional edition, but if it's professional, you can also use the X-sheet.
If you're not familiar with traditional animation on paper it might not be your cup of tea, though.
Anyway, you do this by clicking the X-sheet tab on the timeline and creating an X-sheet layer, picking your image layer as its source layer. You then arrange the timing of your images with all loops, reuse and so on in this X-sheet layer.
You only display the X-sheet layer but not the original source image layer, but modify your drawings in the source layer, and presto, that's how they show up in your displayed X-sheet layer whenever used. I guess it depends on the way you work whether this is convenient to you.
In Lesson 8-7 in the manual all this is explained in detail.
Mac OSX Version 10.9 - 2GHz Intel Core 64(? I think so at least)bit - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Yiynova MSP19U
TvPaint Animation 11.0.6 Pro
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

and to complete the answer, if you have a mind to upgrade one day to the last V.11,
you will find an icon like this : Image in the Handy Panel,
I think it does exactly what you're looking for.
with this button,
... you can apply the same content to all instances using the same name.
:)
Paul Fierlinger

Very true but Mads' plugin automates the frame renaming process which is a substantial time saver. And if you have a key command setup to advance your cursor (Layer:Next Image) you can add the command: TRACKER SHORTCUTS:Next Instance following Layer:Next Image so that each time you press your keyboard's shortcut key, tracker will automatically copy the current instance to all the repeat instances. You can use this key all the time with no other affect but have it advance to the next image and it will repeat clones only when there is something with a unique name to be repeated.

This way, all you ever have to do manually is to copy and paste the image(s) you want to be cloned, which is what you have to do with the X-Sheet anyway, and the cloning will happen automatically. It can't be simpler than that. Sandra has her advance to next image key also expanded with the additional tracker command so when she gets a clip from me to color, she doesn't have to be warned to watch out for renamed frames; everything will be already automated for her.
Paul
2dbert

Post by 2dbert »

I just thought I should mention the X-sheet anyway, because as wonderful as custom buttons and panels are, when working with one monitor it's nice to know how to achieve things with the functions of only a few panels also.
Mac OSX Version 10.9 - 2GHz Intel Core 64(? I think so at least)bit - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Yiynova MSP19U
TvPaint Animation 11.0.6 Pro
Paul Fierlinger

I also just noticed that something has changed in TVP that makes my initial information about how to program one's key command incorrect; all that is now necessary is to give it the command: TRACKER SHORTCUTS: Tracker: Next instance.
Paul
juansolimar

Post by juansolimar »

thanks all for the answers.
but i dont know the "auto button".
but i found what im looking for: the "apply the current image on the instances with the same name" button! jeje
it's not exactly what i want (because i was thinking in a automatic way. but its really really useful so far!)
Paul Fierlinger

AUTO button is in the small collection of Mads' plugin. The button has the word AUTO prominently showing to the right of the green T. It's unique because it efficiently gives selected batches of frames their unique names using the addition of the " * ".
Paul
juansolimar

Post by juansolimar »

where i can see the "Mads' plugin"??? i dont know this.

thanks!!!!
Paul Fierlinger

It's right on this thread, at the bottom of the fourth post from top...
Paul
juansolimar

Post by juansolimar »

oh my god! i didn't see that! amateur mistake 100%
thanks a lot!