Add New Codecs for Export Video?WebGL or it's .WebM? And .Webp for image

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
TheQuestionMark

Add New Codecs for Export Video?WebGL or it's .WebM? And .Webp for image

Post by TheQuestionMark »

Hi I was wondering can TVPaint have another way to export video call WebGL/WebM? According to the 'net???' it says that WebGL does everything like Flash but WebGL/WebM is open-source. I always wanted export to as Flash but I heard it's propitiatory right, and TVPaint can't do flash due to it? How about WebGL/WebM? Can TVPaint add an export for video as WebGL/WebM?

Flash Alternative?
Is there more power than just Exporting as Video? Can it add scripts and trigger like Flash and even add game modules to WebGL/WebM? It seems like TVPaint can become a really strong and powerful software with tons of potential than ever before with WebGL/WebM. Am I wrong?

Another .WebP
I just read wiki that '.WebP' does animation that it does loseless, lossy, and transparency. Is .WebP another potential to export out as well?
On November 18, 2011 Google began to experiment with lossless compression and support for transparency (alpha channel) in both lossless and lossy modes; support has been enabled by default in libwebp 0.2.0 (August 16, 2012).[12][13] According to Google's measurements, a conversion from PNG to WebP results in a 45% reduction in file size when starting with PNGs found on the web, and a 28% reduction compared to PNGs that are recompressed with pngcrush and pngout.[14]

Google has proposed using WebP for animated images as an alternative to the popular GIF format, citing the advantages of 24-bit color with transparency, combining frames with lossy and lossless compression in the same animation, and as well as support for seeking to specific frames.[15] Google reports a 64% reduction in file size for images converted from animated GIFs to lossy WebP, and a 19% reduction when converted to lossless WebP.
Better than .GIF. Also 'Better than .PNG? and Animation!'
Windows 10 64-Bit TvPaint Professional 11.5.3 (64-Bit)
TheQuestionMark

Re: Add New Codecs for Export Video?WebGL or it's .WebM? And .Webp for image

Post by TheQuestionMark »

It's been years. Why hasn't .webm been implemented after all these years? Netflix does .webm 4K HDR now and TVPaint hasn't catch on.

I also read the news that Edge Browser and Firefox browser supports .webp now. https://www.zdnet.com/article/firefox-a ... ge-format/

Can you please add support for .webm and .webp? It's been a long time.

Does TVPaint support HDR?
Windows 10 64-Bit TvPaint Professional 11.5.3 (64-Bit)