Show brush mode in status bar

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
neonnoodle

Show brush mode in status bar

Post by neonnoodle »

I'd find it useful to see what marking mode (Color, Erase, Behind, etc.) the brush is using in the status bar. This is usually more important information to me than the coordinates, color attributes, or proxy status. When painting I usually keep the tool drawers closed, but this is the only place to see what mode the brush is in.
Elodie

Re: Show brush mode in status bar

Post by Elodie »

That's an interesting idea.
meslin

Post by meslin »

+1
I have accidentally erased while attempting to draw many, many times. In fact, I usually include "Drawing Mode : (01) Color" in my custom brush actions for this reason.
I would especially appreciate if there was a visual symbol that could be identified in peripheral vision. Perhaps a hint of a pink eraser for erase mode...Though I guess to be fair to the other drawing modes you'd need to visually represent all 29 (!) Drawing Modes...maybe a panel could allow the user to assign icons to whichever ones they want to be displayed. Again, personally, I just would like a cue that I'm about to erase, as illustrated in this screenshot mockup:
bottom-left corner icon
bottom-left corner icon
Status.png (16.62 KiB) Viewed 12425 times
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

And what icon would you use for pantograph, lighter, noise and the 20 other drawing modes ?
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

the text information could be already good to have.
Fabrice Debarge