Request: Please fix this forum's Title Tag!! Topic is solved

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
stopyelling

Request: Please fix this forum's Title Tag!!

Post by stopyelling »

The header for each page of the Forum starts with: "Welcome to the TVPaint Community Forums!" This causes problems when using Google to search through your forums. Example: https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=ch ... vpaint.com

Perhaps you can find where you have the the Site Description and make it short to just "TVPaint Forums" Ideally you want the Topic Title FIRST or the Forum Name (keep it short) then the topic title

Either way, the way it is now, the Title Tage is flooded by the Site Description.

It's a small fix that can really help with SEO and using Google to search the forums.
Last edited by stopyelling on 04 Nov 2015, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
stopyelling

Re: Title Tag Fix (Simple yet effective fix!!)

Post by stopyelling »

Really? No feed back at all?

With the lack of popularity of this program there is a serious lack of tutorials and resources for people learning the program. This forum is the best place to get info and thus should be the most accessible!!

The above fix would solve problems like this: http://i.imgur.com/fCnR2B3.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Notice how it's very difficult to read the topic headers because the welcome message is a precedes it. Flipping the order (Topic Header then Forum Name then Welcome Message) would make searching FAR easier.

Please take my suggestion under consideration, thank you
schwarzgrau

Re: Title Tag Fix (Simple yet effective fix!!)

Post by schwarzgrau »

I'm not sure, but I think I've read a similar suggestion here. However +1 from me.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: Request: Please fix this forum's Title Tag!!

Post by Thierry »

Hi stopyelling, we are looking into this.

EDIT : ok, fixed.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
stopyelling

Post by stopyelling »

Thanks Thierry.

This should help: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2117430" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or this: https://www.google.ca/search?q=how+edit ... 3&ie=UTF-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I use to manage a phpBB forum ages ago and it's somewhere in the admin section now but if not it's a simple adjustment of a config file.

But I can't stress how huge of an effect this will have! The default search feature within phpBB is pretty bad so using this is a prefered method for most: Googling the terms: TVpaint + name of problem

I hope this gets the attention it deserves!! :)
stopyelling

Post by stopyelling »

Thank you for changing this!!
kariP

Post by kariP »

I don't know what happened under the hood, but now I seem to find tvpaint related questions through google silly easily. If it's this title tag thing, thanks for doing this!
Windows 10 (64 bit), 8gb ram, intel i5 10400f. TVpaint 11.7
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Ya, this is it. Before every search result showed only "Welcome to TVPaint Forum"
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM