Indicate on which layer you are

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
schwarzgrau

Indicate on which layer you are

Post by schwarzgrau »

Roselle posted a feature request in the german section and since she doesn't speak english that well I said I post this request for her.

It would be nice to have some kind of color indicator, which shows on which layer you are (if the layer uses the color groups). It could be something like a small dot somewhere or even something like a colored border around the working space, like in this example.
coloredborder.jpg
Maybe something which you could turn on and off like the animation disc.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Peter Wassink

Re: Indicate on which layer you are

Post by Peter Wassink »

but what if you have more layers in the colorgroup, you'd still be in the dark about which layer you are on.
This would only work if you have only one layer in each color group, or am i missing something?

I think the "display current layer" option in combination with layer attenuation is already a very good solution.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Peter Wassink wrote:....
I think the "display current layer" option in combination with layer attenuation is already a very good solution.
And I am in the dark about what you're saying, Peter. Where can I find this "display current layer" option??

I have often wished for a clearer indication of the current layer. Something you could see at a glance, preferably without having to press a keyboard shortcut.
Doesn't have to be much, a small dot, like Schwarzgrau suggest would be enough for me.

Or perhaps in the "Project Window" where the current layer is already displayed at the moment (along with the 'project' and the 'clip' name) the layer name could be displayed in the color of the layer? And if color is off (default) for the current layer, the name would be displayed like it is now (no color).
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

schwarzgrau wrote:It would be nice to have some kind of color indicator, which shows on which layer you are (if the layer uses the color groups). It could be something like a small dot somewhere...
Maybe a tiny color box (of current LayerGroup color) could be added to the Infobar message (which for me already updates the current layer and current frame number)?
Infobar with layer group color.png
Infobar with layer group color.png (9.44 KiB) Viewed 16215 times
Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Yes, that might work as well. Though not very comfortable for those of us on Cintiq's as it is very small and way at bottom of the screen.
Also, please don't put it in the middle area of that bar because that would place it underneath the drawing arm.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Sewie wrote: And I am in the dark about what you're saying, Peter. Where can I find this "display current layer" option??
its the first option under the eye-symbol in the layer panel,
This toggles between displaying all active layers and displaying only the current layer.
Last edited by Peter Wassink on 08 Nov 2015, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Roselle2

Post by Roselle2 »

schwarzgrau wrote:Roselle posted a feature request in the german section and since she doesn't speak english that well I said I post this request for her.

It would be nice to have some kind of color indicator, which shows on which layer you are (if the layer uses the color groups). It could be something like a small dot somewhere or even something like a colored border around the working space, like in this example.
coloredborder.jpg
Maybe something which you could turn on and off like the animation disc.
Ja das ist sehrgut.
That is verry good.
The Color at The Projekt Window. (oberer Fensterbalken ( Menü))
Your Layer are 20 Your Collor are 12. Then You mace a new Collor. betuien 16 Millin. That is the best for all Wacom Tablett's. Ok? Roselle2
PC: Intel Core-i5 12600, 32GB RAM, Grafikcard ATI RX6600, Wacom Cintiq 21" Tablett with second Full-HD Monitor.