Capture tool without size

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
NathanOtano

Capture tool without size

Post by NathanOtano »

I would like a simple way to capture a brush in a button but whithout having it to remember and affect size.

The size often depends on the shot, I often just need to change my brush without changing it's size.

I know that i can script it for each tool but it's a long process and maybe everyone needs this feature :)
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Fabrice

Re: Capture tool without size

Post by Fabrice »

pas certain d'avoir compris ... :oops:
Fabrice Debarge
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Mon niveau d'anglais est incroyable haha

J'aimerais pouvoir capturer un outil via un bouton, mais qu'il ne se souvienne pas de la taille. Par exemple j'ai capturé deux brushs que j'aime : un crayon avec une taille qui varie en fonction de la pression et un aérographe avec une taille fixe.
Je bosse avec un outil qui a une taille paramétrée sur 7 pixels, et je veux juste pouvoir changer de brush en gardant la taille que j'ai. Et si je bosse avec une taille de 3 pixels pour le plan suivant (ou des projets avec une résolution différente) où mon trait doit être plus gros/fin, j'aimerais toujours pouvoir changer de brush en gardant mes 3 pixels.

Actuellement dès que je change de brush, je récupère la taille que j'avais en le sauvegardant. De la même manière qu'on peut choisir si on garde la couleur ou non, j'aimerais pouvoir aussi choisir de ne pas garder la taille.

Je me retrouve à travailler parfois avec plusieurs brushs simultanément et j'aimerais économiser ce temps où je dois resizer le brush, tester si la taille est bonne, corriger etc...
Et concrètement ça me permettrait de préparer mes brushs persos tous à une taille équivalente pour pouvoir passer de l'un à l'autre sans jamais me poser la question d'adapter la taille.

En attendant je compte juste me faire quelques boutons avec des tailles de base pour switcher rapidement.
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

EDIT.
I just realized I misunderstood the request . So the next has nothing to do with the request.

-Mads

NathanOtano wrote:I would like a simple way to capture a brush in a button but whithout having it to remember and affect size.
I know that i can script it for each tool but it's a long process and maybe everyone needs this feature :)
I would also liked this. This is why I scripted my own "Dynamic tools" in 2009.
I shared the idea as the part "tools" of my "Mads Juul Panel" I shared it here http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3648

Since I have modified it to also contain Layer Preserve Transparency and active paper. And it can also give the paper a random angle each time the tool is loaded.
I attach the panel here.
But it is merely a proof of concept. Because my panel will save/load the tools wrongly if not all the tools used is loaded through the panel(which is how I work)
Becuse(if I should get a little technical) My scripts need to know which tool was loaded the last to work properly. So every tool need a george command something like

Code: Select all

tv_writeUserString 'tool' 'current' 1
or

"tv_writeUserString 'tool' 'current' cut_brush" 
or something.

Anyways here is my panel. and you can try it out . try this:
dynamic tools.JPG
dynamic tools.JPG (30.08 KiB) Viewed 19428 times
But because it doesn't work "Out of the box" is the reason why I havn't shared it properly
Attachments
MJ Dynamic Tools v01.tvpx
(580 KiB) Downloaded 1008 times
Last edited by Mads Juul on 27 Nov 2015, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Super nice, thank you!

EDIT : I'm sorry, but your panel does remember the size right? Like actual buttons. What i want is to change the tool but to keep the same size.

Anyway your panel is awesome. We just need to set the size one time and it's good for as long as we need this size for this tool, it's better than what i was expecting in fact.
Working on Windows 10
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

NathanOtano wrote:Super nice, thank you!

EDIT : I'm sorry, but your panel does remember the size right? Like actual buttons. What i want is to change the tool but to keep the same size.

Anyway your panel is awesome. We just need to set the size one time and it's good for as long as we need this size, it's better than what i was expecting in fact.
so sorry. I misunderstood you. My panel does something else. It remembers if you change the size of a custom tool. So I just realize it has nothing to do with your request :oops:
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Haha no problem, I'll make a great use of your panel anyway.

Maybe one day if you have the time, you can add this option about remembering the size to the other options (like the color)? :mrgreen:

Thanks for sharing
Working on Windows 10
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

I'm not sure I understand, but I think you want to be able to have the size of the current tool assigned to the new tool you are loading?

If so, here is a simple script that works this way:

// CopySize.grg
// Svengali © 2015
// (Nov) 2015 - ver .0

// assigns SIZE of current tool to the SIZE of the new tool being loaded

// To use, Insert CopySize.grg TWICE, before and after the tool selection command
// EXAMPLE Button Commands:
//	0 Script:CopySize.grg
//	1 Custom Brush:
//	2 Script:CopySize.grg
//	3 End

Param none
ScriptName = "CopySize"

tv_GetActiveTool										// get active tool
parse result ToolType d									// extract type of tool that is active
tv_ReadUserString "CopySize" "Flag" 0					// read the flag (first time defaults to 0)
CopyFlag = result										// get current state of flag

IF CopyFlag == 0										// if flag = 0 means to get size of current tool what ever it is
	tv_cmd ToolType SIZE								// get tool current includes parameter name and value
	parse result d ToolSize								// throw away parmeter name (SIZE) and store ToolSize value															
	tv_WriteUserString "CopySize" "Flag" 1				// set flag to 1 so next time ToolSize value will be retrieved
	tv_WriteUserString "CopySize" "ToolSize" ToolSize	// store ToolSize in Config.ini
ELSE
	tv_WriteUserString "CopySize" "Flag" 0				// set flag to 0 so next time ToolSize value will be stored
	tv_ReadUserString "CopySize" "ToolSize"				// retrieve stored size and assign to new tool being loaded 
	ToolSize = result									// get ToolSize of last tool
	tv_cmd ToolType SIZE ToolSize						// assign it to new tool
END
Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Perfect! Thanks
Working on Windows 10