Drawing Straight Line, binds by Canvas Rotate not WinDisplay

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
TheQuestionMark

Drawing Straight Line, binds by Canvas Rotate not WinDisplay

Post by TheQuestionMark »

I rotate my canvas alot. I was wondering while holding [Shift], is there a way to draw a straight line at the angle of the rotated canvas? It seems like when you hold [Shift] and try to draw a straight line it draws straight relating to the App Window not the Rotated Canvas. Too me it's very hard to draw a very technical drawing I guess the technical drawing example would be, have you heard would be like the Kantai Collection, drawing the ships on the back of the character. Or very detail perspective drawing. Photoshop when drawing with the Shift Key has the ability related to rotated Canvas.

I was wondering if there's a way to add several option to the Shift Key when drawing straight lines?

Option 1 of how drawing with Shift Key in TVPaint is now.

Option 2 How drawing with the Shift Key is related to Rotated Canvas(in my heart this should be defaulted).
Also I wanted to add, if you could another option. | You can toggle an option so it can draw straight lines all the time without Shift-key and can be shortcutted as well. To me, I think will help a draw 'above view cityscape' more quickly and more fluidly, like the official anime studio style cityscape http://www.imgbase.info/images/safe-wal ... cenery.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Also be able draw like James Paick's Image like https://cdn3.artstation.com/p/assets/im ... 1443926829" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but with a bit more pipes. Also I think it can help speed up high technical concept drawings because one your finger is free, be easier to speed paint/draw. The Line Tool doesn't work me because I need to apply pressure in my strokes.|

-------------------
I think it should be in the 'Line Smoothing Panel" and the panel be rename "Line Control and Smoothing Panel".
Windows 10 64-Bit TvPaint Professional 11.5.3 (64-Bit)
Elodie

Re: Drawing Straight Line, binds by Canvas Rotate not WinDis

Post by Elodie »

Wouldn't be much easier to switch from line tool to stroke tool ?
TheQuestionMark

Post by TheQuestionMark »

Elodie wrote:Wouldn't be much easier to switch from line tool to stroke tool ?
You can't apply varied pressure in the strokes, like opacity or size, which I need.
TheQuestionMark wrote:The Line Tool doesn't work me because I need to apply pressure in my strokes.|
Windows 10 64-Bit TvPaint Professional 11.5.3 (64-Bit)
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

My bad, did not catch this line.