Playback two projects at the same time

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
NathanOtano

Playback two projects at the same time

Post by NathanOtano »

Hey

I always use the multi-backup option, to be sure to never lose anything with a crash but also to have multiple versions of my shot tu be able to go back on some parts of an animation if things went wrong.

Would it be possible to playback those versions simultaneously? To compare them in real time. I copy/paste the layers, then i have to transform it to have the animations side by side.

I don't know if this kind of option will be usefull to anybody else.
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
slowtiger

Re: Playback two projects at the same time

Post by slowtiger »

On Mac I can have two (ore more) QT movies play at the same time, with a bit of practice I can let them run nearly in sync - good enough to compare editing.

For animation, and for spotting really small differences, I think nothing is better than stepping through frame by frame, as I found it impossible to really watch two scenes - i was always switching from one to the other.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Yeah in fact what im currently doing is playing on project, switch tab and playing the other one. But it's sometines two slow to spot the didifference. I can export two video and run them at the same time but its a lot of time wasted.

I know my frames when im animating, but it's more difficult to know how it bevaves in motion. It's more about my impression of the scene more than understanding why.

I'll try copying the clips one after the other, maybe looping beetwin two versions is enough to compare them.
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

couldn't you import one project into an empty layer in the other, using the Keyframer?
you wouldn't even need to apply the FXstack just walk through it with the one layer at 50 pct transparency (or maybe an applicable blendmode.)
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Peter Wassink wrote:couldn't you import one project into an empty layer in the other, using the Keyframer?
you wouldn't even need to apply the FXstack just walk through it with the one layer at 50 pct transparency (or maybe an applicable blendmode.)
Nice Idea!
Working on Windows 10