Opacity slider in group panel

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
NathanOtano

Opacity slider in group panel

Post by NathanOtano »

I would like an opacity slider in the group panel. To set the opacity of all the layers in a group at once.

Nathan
Last edited by NathanOtano on 13 Mar 2016, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
slowtiger

Re: Opacity slider in group panel

Post by slowtiger »

This makes sense in the case all layers inside have the same opacity settings, but what happens if these are different - maybe I want to keep it that way?
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Same problem if you have some layers visible and others not. The panel acts as a global off/on switch regardless of individual layers and overrides all settings.

It basically would work the same. You use it only when a group of layers shares the same opacity intentions (ol, ul, characters, bg in a board for exemple)
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Just wanted to up thread again. I'm encountering everyday the need for this functionality, if for exemple I have a group for OL/UL/Anim/BG and I want to set the opacity of one of the groups to work on another. It's different from the layer attenuation functionality cause I often need to work on multiple layer at once with the same opacity.

Or maybe the layer attenuation function could have a "current group" parameter, that permits to extend the attenuation to the current group instead of current layer.
Working on Windows 10
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Just discovered this thead. A +1 from me.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
momo

Post by momo »

big +1
momo