Quick access tool box

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
momo

Quick access tool box

Post by momo »

Hello,

I have been trying to optimize my workflow by minizing the numbers of clicks I need to get what I need. In Maya if you press space there is menu that appears wherever the mouse is, this provides quicker access to tool. It is the same principle as the wacom's radial menu, except. Custom Panels are great but this are always far away from the work area. This would make coloring for exemple much faster.
momo
Elodie

Re: Quick access tool box

Post by Elodie »

This kind of feature won't be possible in current engine, but that is something very interesting ! Thank you for sharing this idea.
NathanOtano

Re: Quick access tool box

Post by NathanOtano »

momo wrote:Hello,

I have been trying to optimize my workflow by minizing the numbers of clicks I need to get what I need. In Maya if you press space there is menu that appears wherever the mouse is, this provides quicker access to tool. It is the same principle as the wacom's radial menu, except. Custom Panels are great but this are always far away from the work area. This would make coloring for exemple much faster.
But you can script dropdown menus that will pop just where your cursor is. You just have to convert your buttons in george, not the easiest thing to do I agree. And you can't script all the shortcuts

http://wiki.tvpaint.com/index.php?title=Tv_ListRequest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.