Rename Paper Name + Import Export

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
NathanOtano

Rename Paper Name + Import Export

Post by NathanOtano »

Hey!

I need to be able to rename a paper (no option in the RMB menu), we can onnly choose a name while creating it.

Also no way to import or export papers, for exemple if I have a brush that works with my own paper, I would like to either be able to embed it in my brush button or to be able ton import/export the paper for other users in the production to use it without having to recreate it from an image.

Maybe a george command to import current brush as a paper could be nice as a first help to script this.

Nathan
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
slowtiger

Re: Rename Paper Name + Import Export

Post by slowtiger »

It is possible to access all papers in the file system (on Mac that's TVP/show package content/Contents/Resources/papers), there you can rename, add or delete papers. (Note that with each new TVP installation you'll get the default paper folder, so you have to manually update this.)
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
NathanOtano

Re: Rename Paper Name + Import Export

Post by NathanOtano »

So maybe there is a way to save a cutbrush at the right place to create your paper... Interesting thanks :)
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.