"Infinity" canvas/ no cut off

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
artsmermaid

"Infinity" canvas/ no cut off

Post by artsmermaid »

Whenever I scale something and it goes off the canvas, the program cuts it off. Is there some way where if I do scale and it go off the canvas, the picture not get cut off?

Somewhat related to this, what if there was no limit for the canvas and the camera defines whats shown, like in Mischief, Toonboom and Stroyboard pro. I feel like if that was an option, people wouldnt need to create large canvases, taking up a lot of memory. It can also help people, like myself, who may tend to draw big and let the camera help limit the end result. This way, if people draw and scale out of the camera view, no information will be lost if edits need to be made.
schwarzgrau

Re: "Infinity" canvas/ no cut off

Post by schwarzgrau »

There are a lot of threads which are requesting exactly this feature, unfortunately it isn't possible with the current architecture of TVPaint. Till someday the core get changed you have to create a bigger project and use the camera tool.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Elodie

Re: "Infinity" canvas/ no cut off

Post by Elodie »

You can also use the library + image guide at the moment.