Storyboard Streamline

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
momo

Storyboard Streamline

Post by momo »

Hello,

Today I tried to use the project tab to make my project. So far I always did the board in a single clip and then used another software to make the animatic. After a couple of hours using this I went back to working a single clip.

Here are a few things that could maybe be improved:

-A correspondance between the frame in the scene in the project tab and the sum of frames in each clip. This is probably the main reason for not using the project tab.

-When moving around different clip it is not possible to move multiple clips at the same time. This is very important if you want to reorganise your cuts, the entire scene need to be able to be moved.

-When merging a group of clip into a single scene the clip still have individual time lines. Which means that I will have to merge each scene into a single clip. A way to make it easier would be to simply remove the scene function altogether. That way it also solve the 2 other points above.

-if in the lovely time editing view(see image below) there could be a way to see the bookmarks/image marks/instances and edit them we could then easily reorganize an entire board without leaving the view. This would make for a powerfull solution to see the entire film or project at once and make changes easily(in the view only the time code could be in minute;seconds;frames)
StoryB01.JPG
StoryB01.JPG (28.05 KiB) Viewed 27207 times
-the ability to adjust the number of frame for each clip be entering the number (instead of drag and drop) in the editing view.

-the option to add time to each panel withing each clip from that same view (huge time saver I can now edit everything from a single view)

-Visible keyframes (like the one from the FX stack) for the camera could make it easier to use it.

hope this helps
momo
NathanOtano

Re: Storyboard Streamline

Post by NathanOtano »

Awesome suggestions, I strongly agree with them :)
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Yea, me too
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
momo

Post by momo »

Strange I was hoping for more people to agree. Maybe then I should have asked to remove the feature?
momo
momo

Post by momo »

Strange I was hoping for more people to agree. Maybe then very few people use this to storyboard.

I just thought I'd point out about a production I know of, here in Korea, which choose Storyboard Pro over TVpaint because it was not streamlined enough (although there was some pretty big fan of TVpaint on the team).
momo
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Sorry if we did not answer your topic, but your ideas are nice. Thanks for sharing them :)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

momo wrote:Strange I was hoping for more people to agree. Maybe then very few people use this to storyboard.
Quite a lot in fact, but some stuff have already been reported in the forum or directly to the team, so it's in the big todo list.
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Well, during Annecy I met plenty people who told me the same : "I know that TVPaint has a storyboard feature, but I prefer using a different method / software".
Most of the time it's because of the impossibility to manage several sizes within the same projects or because the camera is not precise enough.

But fortunately, as we both know, that won't be a problem anymore in a few years :D
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Elodie wrote: But fortunately, as we both know, that won't be a problem anymore in a few years :D
it sounds like you planning something big. A core update maybe?
INSTAGRAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Sort of. Wait and see :wink:
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Elodie wrote:Sort of. Wait and see :wink:
hehe, I didn't expected to get a real answer, I just asked out of fun, but "wait and see" sounds funny, since I'm expecting to wait a few years from now on. :wink:
INSTAGRAM
momo

Post by momo »

schwarzgrau wrote:
Elodie wrote:Sort of. Wait and see :wink:
hehe, I didn't expected to get a real answer, I just asked out of fun, but "wait and see" sounds funny, since I'm expecting to wait a few years from now on. :wink:
Exciting news! :D
momo