Snow effect

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
nachoblanco

Snow effect

Post by nachoblanco »

Snow effect - FX Particles Generator

D.T. Nethery

Re: Snow effect

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Very nice ! It's a nice effect . Have you tried rain ? (I made a little tutorial a while ago that was based on an older tutorial from way back in the TVPaint 7 days , which was no longer available online , so I re-created it from written notes - RAIN Particles FX tutorial . )

For the snow fx , I still want to experiment with making alternate layers where there is a sudden gust of wind and the snow blows to one side or the other , then returns to a gentle downward movement as the wind subsides . I haven't figured out yet how to apply this using the "Wind Strength", "Gravity" , and "Angle" parameters to successfully transition from a normal snow fall to blowing snow back to normal snow fall.

Here's a "normal" snow fall test I made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxAChGG7CNg

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
nachoblanco

Post by nachoblanco »

Thank you, D.T. Nethery. Yes, TVPaint allows a great snowing effect, I'm so happy with the result. And yes, currently I'm working on a rain scene (and I read a few days ago precisely that article that you attach; thank you very much for prepared it, I didn't know it was you). Your normal test is very nice too, the effect is totally successful.

I've been thinking about your idea of the wind blowing on the snow and returning to the normal snow fall, and I've prepared this scene. Is this what you mean?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XXymY ... rUYQwMYmpM
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

nachoblanco wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 22:15 Thank you, D.T. Nethery. Yes, TVPaint allows a great snowing effect, I'm so happy with the result. And yes, currently I'm working on a rain scene (and I read a few days ago precisely that article that you attach; thank you very much for prepared it, I didn't know it was you). Your normal test is very nice too, the effect is totally successful.

I've been thinking about your idea of the wind blowing on the snow and returning to the normal snow fall, and I've prepared this scene. Is this what you mean?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XXymY ... rUYQwMYmpM
Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking of ! That's beautifully done.

nachoblanco

Post by nachoblanco »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 23:04 Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking of ! That's beautifully done.
Thank you, D.T. Nethery. Yes, there are a lot of possibilities with the particle generator. There are a lot of parameters but, once you understand them, it's very fun and interesting to try them.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

nachoblanco wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 23:42
D.T. Nethery wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 23:04 Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking of ! That's beautifully done.
Thank you, D.T. Nethery. Yes, there are a lot of possibilities with the particle generator. There are a lot of parameters but, once you understand them, it's very fun and interesting to try them.
You should do a tutorial on how you did the blowing snow FX .

Benjamin Cerbai

Post by Benjamin Cerbai »

Very nice ! I agree : a tutorial would be great to share how to achieve this. :)
Benjamin Cerbai, illustrator and videographer.
nachoblanco

Post by nachoblanco »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 00:21 You should do a tutorial on how you did the blowing snow FX .
Benjamin Cerbai wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 08:04 Very nice ! I agree : a tutorial would be great to share how to achieve this. :)
Ok, guys, thank you for your suggestion. I will post it very soon, but (sorry) it will be in Spanish, so I hope visual information is enough. :wink: