former student's animation

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
masterchief

Re: former student's animation

Post by masterchief »

Excellent student... wonderful teacher. I downloaded the animation and watched it together with my 5yr old.. It was one of those moments where we were both on the same level of fascination. I am very pleased that I was able to share that moment with her as I know I am going to miss so much later in her life.

regards,
William
TVPaint Animation Pro v11
Anim8tor Cathy

Post by Anim8tor Cathy »

I work for a non-union medical manufacturer so there is no cap placed on the hours demanded of me, aside from the protection afforded by the Americans with Disabilities Act as I have diabetes, but that does little to stem the grueling tide. On the up -side I make a lot of money in overtime, on the down -side I have no life of my own.

An interesting thing I have recently discovered is that if I go too long without some infusion of art and animation or connection to the artistic community I become "soul-sick", there's a feeling of being spiritually unwell which translates itself physically and mentally, like a depression of sorts. This has lead me to surmise that being creative must be 'hard-wired' into my system, so much so that it's not something I can easily suppress or abandon for any length of time. So, just as I must make time to brush my teeth, eat right, get enough sleep, I also must make time for some creative endeavor and contact with other artists, lest I shall pay a price.

As I said - my day is coming. One thing I know is that things always change - I won't always have to work these crazy hours and someday I will actually have time to devote to my art. Believing this is what keeps me going.

:D Cathy
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

I, for one, look forward to seeing the art you will create when you get the time. I know what you mean about feeling soul-sick if you don't have creative time. I feel off-kilter big time if I don't draw for even one day.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Julian wigley

Post by Julian wigley »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Cathy, the operative words were:
doing boring work.
Einstein developed his theory of relativity while working every day as a medium level clerk in the patent office in Zürich.
And dreamed of snakes, most nights. (So they say).
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

We recently saw the most interesting show about how people work out actual daily problems in their dreams even though the symbols the mind used in dreams doesn't seem to really mean anything.. Students who slept well before an exam did far better than those who stayed up late and studied.

One of my most frustrating dreams when I was first learning to animate was dreaming I was deep into creating an animation and then discovering I couldn't save it. But this isn't the kind of dream they were speaking of. It's the kind of utter nonsensical dreams that are actually the mind piecing together important information for actual use in the waking world.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro