A holiday Greeting

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Mandalaholic

A holiday Greeting

Post by Mandalaholic »

I've been mixing Mirage with Blender and created a Holiday greeting. Seasons greetings everyone!
http://www.vimeo.com/2570120
Howdy Yaaaal!
D.T. Nethery

Re: A holiday Greeting

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Beautiful.

Thank you.

( and Happy Holidays to you , too !)
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

Thanks, Val. Who is Palaga?
Thanks for your lovely eye candy--I hope it doesn't make me gain weight. :D
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

Palapa is my peanut lovin Princess
Howdy Yaaaal!
Satrip

Post by Satrip »

Nice animation! I wonder what part did you do in Mirage?
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

Thanks you guys, glad you enjoyed it.
Hi Satrip, I did a most of it in Mirage. I created a looping animation (similar to the one in my avatar) in Mirage, then exported it to Quicktime. In blender you can wrap an object with an animation and set it to loop. That is how I created the animated spheres. The dolphin sphere was created the same way, using a dolphin swim cycle I created a few years back in Mirage. Then I brought the spheres back into mirage and created an animbrush out of them, and set them on their path using the keyframer. Using the same animated sphere animbrush, I put a few in different areas in the field on a few different layers where I played with some color corrections till I got a range that I liked. I flattened out those layers and then used the kaleidescope for the abstract background. I really like the fabric texture in the paper panel so I used that on the background. I just drew the little frame by hand in Mirage as well. The fonts in the beginning I ran through the wrapping grid. I also threw an omni light on a motion path to highlight different areas of the fonts in the beginning. So really most of it was done in Mirage. Wow! That answer really turned out long winded. I have a few other cool spheres I made while learning. Its been fun, but the learning curve in blender, leaves me with sore brain muscles sometimes. I have had Mirage all this time and have yet to do one human walk cycle. Guess its because I prefer wasting my time doing this sort of thing. One of these days though!!!!
Howdy Yaaaal!
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Thats a sweet card.
thanks for posting.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Geopeto

Post by Geopeto »

Very nice, i loved seeing it.

Happy Christmas to all, well, to those that believe that sort of thing. And, to all others have a great day!
"When the love of power is overcome by the power of love, the world will know peace.”