"Gobelins : l'école de l'image" short films

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Gobelins 2012 films (made with TVPaint)

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

You mean that has now become the average lifespan of an animator?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

Of a new technology...
In five years tablets will be so has-been, just like netbooks where the craze five years ago and have almost disappeared nowadays.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

slowtiger wrote:If I were a teacher I'd require drawing on paper first, and still besides drawing on a Cintiq.
In case of Gobelins students, this is not useful. Gobelins students had already spent between 3 and 8 years in other animation schools. They already know how to animate on paper.

By the way, I'm finally not sure this is that great to know "old" way to proceed. I studied animation and know how boring it is to line test your animations or create "rulers" to pan backgrounds and characters at the same time. It is a little like if before driving a car, we had to know how to ride a horse. But what is the most important ? Reaching the point B from point A the fastest you can or say "I know how to ride horses" ?

This is nice to know how animation could be complex before... but finally, I would have preferred to animate 10 different bouncing balls instead of animate just 1 bouncing ball and lose my time in line tests.

If people animate on paper, it has to be "by choice", because they prefer that... not in order to say "hey, my way to animate is harder than yours, so I know better than you what animation is".
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Please note that I explicitely said "drawing" on paper, not "animating". That's a difference, and much different skills. Still I defend my point that some solid drawing skills in several techniques are a good foundation to learning to animate.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

slowtiger wrote:Please note that I explicitely said "drawing" on paper, not "animating".
The original question of Sewie was about animation on paper :roll:
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

ematecki wrote:Of a new technology...
In five years tablets will be so has-been, just like netbooks where the craze five years ago and have almost disappeared nowadays.
Why do you think drawing tablets (and similar) will be gone in 5 years? They've been around already for much longer than 5 years
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

In the future, we will have electronic elements in our head and so, we could draw instantaneously on computer from our imagination :mrgreen:
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

idragosani wrote:
ematecki wrote:Of a new technology...
Why do you think drawing tablets (and similar) will be gone in 5 years? They've been around already for much longer than 5 years
Uh oh, i though about android tablets, not wacom tablets, oops.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
D.T. Nethery

Re: Films made with TVP

Post by D.T. Nethery »

This one has a "thank you" to TVPaint in the credits , so am assuming that TVPaint was used in some capacity for making "Beyond The Sea" .

Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Hahaha, you were faster than us :D

In the "Thank you", they wrote "TV Paint (because what is done is done) :mrgreen:
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

The music sounds just like the music in Fredric Back's "Crack", including the dance sfx ... it makes me wonder if this is the same composer, :| or just a... well, homage.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Soemone told me that during the festival, I was very astonished ! We didn't know at all that feature film was made with TVPaint !
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Even if there is no "thank you" at the end, the other Gobelins films were created with TVPaint too.

Here with a lot of TVPaint (use of Rototracking FX for some slow motion anim, out-of-pegs for inbetweening, smooth of the lines for the clean, etc ...)

too bad they didn't mention the software.

Probably here too with both TVPaint and After Effect (it needs to be confirmed)

Soom wrote:"Moon Man" (Mondman in German) is a feature film based on a book by Tomi Ungerer, produced by Schesch Filmkreation, was made in TVPaint. It has a premiere this week in Annecy - I was an animator on this project, unfortunately couldn't go to the festival this year because of an urgent job that I'm actually doing on TVPaint also :)
The screenings of Moon Man in Annecy: http://www.annecy.org/annecy-2012/festi ... mes:201211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Unfortunalety, I was unable to see it. :cry:
Do they plan to release it in France ? Or other festivals ?
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Gobelins movies made with TVPaint :)

2 other movies were also made with TVPaint (dixit Fabrice), but as we are not in the credits, I don't list them :mrgreen: