Rain Town

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Fabrice

Re: Rain Town

Post by Fabrice »

from the creator website, about TVPaint (french only for the moment, if someone wants to translate ... please do !)
on dirait que c'est un logiciel fait en mélangeant Painter et Flash. avec ce logiciel, on peut animer les dessins faits à la main. c'est un logiciel interessant et rare.

mais si je le compare avec RETAS que j'ai utilisé la dernière fois, la compatibilité avec les techniques d'animation japonaises n'est pas très élevée. Le problème majeur étant la feuille d'exposition d'horizontale au lieu de verticale.

Il faut savoir à l'avance ce désantage mais je ne trouve pas d'autres logiciel de dessin animé plus "fun" que celui-ci.

Au début, j'ai tâtonné en produisant ce dessin animé. j'ai vraiment appris l'usage sur le tas.

Cett fois-ci, j'ai dessiné tous les dessins tout seul. comme l'animation était un peu lente, j'ai dû dessiner le double ou le triple de dessins par rapport à la dernière fois. c'était beaucoup de travail.

comme c'était prévisible, j'ai conçu les personnages aux traits simples et utilisé les scènes vues de distance pour faciliter les dessins.

j'ai travaillé monucieusement les dessins clés et intervals sur chaque scène.

A l'époque je devais finir une scène en trois jours et c'était mon but de tous les jours.

j'ai mis plus d'une semaine pour certaines scènes difficiles, j'ai depassé ma date butoire d'un mois.

à la différence des décors, quand on arrive pas à dessiner, on n'y arrive pas du tout. il est difficile de maintenir la concentration.
Fabrice Debarge
Peter Wassink

Re: Rain Town

Post by Peter Wassink »

(french only for the moment, if someone wants to translate ... please do !)
i asked Google translate and it was willing to give it a shot... :wink:
it looks like it is software made by mixing Painter and Flash. with this software, you can animate the drawings done by hand. software is interesting and rare.

but if I compare with Retas I used last time, compatibility with Japanese animation techniques is not very high. The major problem is the exposure sheet of horizontal instead of vertical.

You should know in advance what the disadvantages are but I can not find other software cartoon more "fun" than this one.

At first, I fumbled in producing this cartoon. I really learned the use on the job.

Cett time, I drew all the drawings alone. as the animation was a bit slow, I had to draw the double or triple the drawings from the last time. it was a lot of work.

predictably, I designed the characters for simple lines and the scenes used to facilitate distance of the drawings.

I worked monucieusement key drawings and intervals on each scene.

At the time I had to finish a scene in three days and that was my goal everyday.

I put more than a week for some difficult scenes, I passed my deadline of a month.

Unlike the scenery, when it comes to not draw, you can not do at all. it is difficult to maintain concentration.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM