Various stuff made with TVPaint

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Soom

Re: Various stuff made with TVPaint

Post by Soom » 28 May 2018, 20:40

remarkable as it is - rotoscoping kills the whole beauty of animation (basically it's not even animation), contrary to Bill Plympton, who brings animation to full life! I agree - the painting effect is well done, but could have been used on something more interesting.
At home: MacBook Pro, Os 10.10.3 (2.2 GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 16 GB RAM), Cintiq 21", TVP Std 11.0.3
At work: PC, Windows 7, Cintiq 22", TVP Std 11.0.3

Jessica1

Re: Various stuff made with TVPaint

Post by Jessica1 » 05 Jun 2018, 12:59

I've had TVPaint for a while but have just started using it to teach myself how to do some hand-drawn frame-by-frame animation. So far I am very impressed with TVP's animation tools. If you want to do hand-drawn animation that doesn't have that "vectory" look, this is the program to buy. You can basically duplicate a pencil line that doesn't look artificial.

I've actually started animating a short Halloween cartoon and while it's certainly not as fast as Anime Studio, it's very very satisfying in a way "tweened" animation is not. It's something about seeing you drawings moving around and coming to life that's just magical. So, I'll keep you posted
home sweet home