Short spot

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
slowtiger

Short spot

Post by slowtiger »

The state of Hamburg (yes, it's a state) has a new law about Freedom of Information, and the organisation who successfully initiated it commissioned me with a short film which explains the main points to the citizens.

This has not much animation in it, I only post it as an example of how much you could cram into a single file. The film is 1:45 long and the TVP file is a lean 790 MB. Of course the project didn't have much time, and even less money. So I did everything (text, storybard, voices, animation) myself within three and a half days. This was the first time I seriously used clips, and it worked so nicely that I was able to render the final film directly from TVP in one go. (I edited the sound in Logic so it was only one file.) Some small parts were done in Anime Studio and re-imported into TVP - not really necessary, could've done the same all within TVP.

People who know my work will immediately spot my re-use of older material: backgrounds and textures.

(All this happened at the same time as the much bigger project of a cinema trailer for Interfilm Short Film Festival which took 2 months of production time. Since that was done nearly exclusively in Anime Studo, here's only the link: http://vimeo.com/51438218)
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5