Line 01 - short film

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Daniel_Nascimento

Line 01 - short film

Post by Daniel_Nascimento »

Hello everyone, I am a recent grad from Sheridan College and I decided to use TVpaint for to animate my film. The film Is called "Line 01".
All the animation, from rough to clean and colour, was done using TVpain 10. I later exported all the cleaned up animation as png sequences and composited all together with my backgrounds (done in adobe photoshop) in adobe's After Effects.
I think TVpaint was an awesome tool for animating and working with it on my cintiq made it fill almost like I was back to working with paper on my animation table. I still have a harder time with my timing when I'm working digitally then when I'm working classically and out of all the animation programs out there, I found that TVpaint was the one that made me feel more comfortable with flipping through my drawings and animating wile still being able to have the timing in mind but without having to commit to anything on the time line until later in the process. Lip-synking was a wonderful experience in TVpaint! The hardest for me though, and what shows the most I find in my the final version of my film, is the clean up. I aways had a problem cleaning up even classically and working digitally magnifies the problem I find.
I'm posting this film here in the TVpaint community to get feedback from more experienced animators and, not only about how to use the program more efficiently but also to get some feedback on my animation and overall attempt of making a short 1 minute film.
For all those watching and taking some of their time to take a look at my work I thank you guys, Sincerely
Daniel Nascimento

Last edited by Daniel_Nascimento on 22 May 2013, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel_Nascimento

Re: Line 01 - short film

Ups,

I just realized i should have posted this on the animation section of the "made with TVpain" forum... is there a way to migrate the post to that part? Or should i Copy-Paste and delete this one?
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thanks for sharing your film and production process. I think one of the moderators will probably move your topic , so you don't need to worry about deleting/duplicating your post.
Daniel_Nascimento

thank you! I appreciate that.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

any use of the smooth line option for the clean up ?
Fabrice Debarge
Daniel_Nascimento

No I left it off. I was trying to keep a more sketchy look to the lines but it ended up back firing cause it made it harder to fill in the colours later.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Daniel_Nascimento wrote:Ups,

I just realized i should have posted this on the animation section of the "made with TVpain" forum... is there a way to migrate the post to that part? Or should i Copy-Paste and delete this one?
It's ok, I've just moved it :)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Will it be a part of a longer film ?
Fabrice Debarge
Daniel_Nascimento

no Fabrice,
It was actually meant to be a minute short. Sheridan college is putting a one minute cap in all films. Some students do longer films and then just show a teaser of their films in the Screening for industry day. I wanted to try and have a hole idea fit in that one minute, which made it quite challenging to tell the story. I hope the idea that the kid was about to die and is being guided buy this lady to go to heaven but decides in the last second he wants to go back doesn't get lost to too many people.