Manifeste

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Elodie

Manifeste

Post by Elodie »

A Quebecois graduation film about activism.

By Sarah Quirion
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Manifeste

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

This is interesting because I never liked activism; people who want everyone else to think and do the way they want things to be, while showing very little interest in other people's thoughts. Now I have what I always thought activists to be about confirmed: they are just looking for something to do to feel alive, not so much to really bring about change. A nice trigger film for group discussions (to have something to do and feel alive without having to leave the room anymore). :)
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

It's ok to be activist about hand-drawn animation, though :mrgreen:
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I'm on the other side: we can't have enough people caring about issues and raise their voice against what's going wrong right now. (Especially in Germany. But PRISM affects everybody, everywhere ...)
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
User767

Post by User767 »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:This is interesting because I never liked activism; people who want everyone else to think and do the way they want things to be, while showing very little interest in other people's thoughts. Now I have what I always thought activists to be about confirmed: they are just looking for something to do to feel alive, not so much to really bring about change. A nice trigger film for group discussions (to have something to do and feel alive without having to leave the room anymore). :)
That's an interesting take. How does that differ from policy-makers (corporate, government, whatever)? Do you think we're better off without people and their activism?
>formerly User 767: "It seems your login has been deleted. Your login being a little strange, maybe you have written a strange post and we thought your were a bot."
Heaven forbid that an animator might be 'strange'
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I guess it depends on the subject and the activist's attitude. I can smell a self-centered, narcissistic activist from across the street. I can tell stories :roll: but this is not the place and it would be off topic.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet