C'est Bon, French TV serie

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Léo
Site Admin

C'est Bon, French TV serie

Post by Léo »

Hello everybody,

Here is a French TV serie done on TVPaint Animation 10 in the French studio FOLIMAGE in the south of France.
"C'est Bon" ("Yummy yummu") is "an educational and slightly zany series on health and food.
A great way to get children to like fruit and vegetables and improve their awareness of the wide variety of foods"

"Le Bon rythme" ("Three Meals a Day")
Direction : Amandine Fredon, Serge Elissalde, Jacques-Rémy Girerd

Here is the Making of, which explain all the steps of production:

(French only, sorry guys !)
Léo Fernandez
TVPaint Q&A and Lead Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester
Windows 11 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro.
Wacom driver version 6.4.2-3
Paul Fierlinger

Re: C'est Bon, French TV serie

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

It's always so interesting for me to watch other animators at work; in this case so, so different from the way I go about drawing. The large size of these drawings is just astonishing to me, and the way everyone draws on upright positioned screens, directly at the level of their faces seems so strange ... if I would to walk into a studio like that to be tested for a job, I would surely fail... But the language is no barrier... Years ago I worked for a film company in Paris without speaking a word of French and most of the people there spoke very little or no English, but somehow it all worked out because a few pictures speak for thousands of words.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:It's always so interesting for me to watch other animators at work; in this case so, so different from the way I go about drawing. The large size of these drawings is just astonishing to me, and the way everyone draws on upright positioned screens, directly at the level of their faces seems so strange ... .
That's how most of the professionals I know work nowadays. It's especially nice with TVPaint because it feels so natural to draw like that.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Léo
Site Admin

Post by Léo »

In fact, there are so many ways to animate. I know some animators who work like that and some other who prefer work with the Cintiq horizontally or vertically. It depend of the way you feel your drawing :)
Léo Fernandez
TVPaint Q&A and Lead Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester
Windows 11 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro.
Wacom driver version 6.4.2-3
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

I really like those "Le Bon rythme" films, btw.
Spontaneous and appealing, they are almost like more elaborate storyboards.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Sewie wrote: Spontaneous and appealing, they are almost like more elaborate storyboards.
And to connect to that, I found it striking that none of those artists look exactly like early birds in the profession, which just shows how it takes years to become sufficient enough to make something not even too elaborate come together on screen.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet