Volgens de vogels

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Fabrice

Volgens de vogels

Post by Fabrice »

Here is an animation from Bianca Ansems (source : Twitter)
Made in 2008 with TVPaint.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCzq_8MCk2M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fabrice Debarge
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Volgens de vogels

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

There's some very nice drawing skills showing throughout, which is also a big tribute to the possibilities of TVPaint. I wonder what the fate of this film has been since 2008 and what more has it lead to. I have a few gripes with the concept of some of the characters though, where I found moments of anthropomorphism completely unnecessary and a bit of a spoiler in a film so sensitive to the natural world. A bird dipping its toe to test the water is one example, or a chick climbing on top of a mound; hands (yes, hands) appearing first. The same distractions came with the sound track, which was on the most part very pleasant and matched the drawings well, but the author should have known that one of the more interesting characteristics of owls is that they fly absolutely silently; that part bothered me more than anything else.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

What a lovely result ! I really like it :D
Sausage

Post by Sausage »

I thought it an extraordinarily beautiful film, and the above comments about anthropomorphism, absurd!
Its animation, an artform built on anthropomorphism, to one degree or another.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

This is not from Bianca Ansems it is a film by Linde Faas.
And I'm not sure its made with Tvpaint, i believe it was drawn on paper. But this should be checked.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Peter Wassink wrote:This is not from Bianca Ansems it is a film by Linde Faas.
And I'm not sure its made with Tvpaint, i believe it was drawn on paper. But this should be checked.
well, as written above : I found the informations about the autor and the technic/software used on Twitter.
But that Twitter information is maybe not that reliable ... Please excuse me if ever I made a mistake. :?
Fabrice Debarge
Bianca

Post by Bianca »

Hi guys,

This is Bianca Ansems. First of all, I want to say thank you for sharing my twitter post! However, as much as I would love to claim this wonderful piece as mine, credits go where credits are due, and indeed it is not made by me.

It is made by Linde Faas who was my classmate during my BA. I posted it when chatting to Joanna Quinn about TVPaint. You can see the full twitter trail here: https://twitter.com/BiancaAnsems/status ... 0268767232" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Somebody argued that you can't create the handdrawn paper look digitally, so I posted the video as example. So the fact that it is doubted in this thread whether it is made in TVPaint just proves my point :)

I don't know all the exact details of how she made it (because all of us mostly worked from home), but she did use TVPaint for the animation, because it has great brushes that allow a handdrawn look like she wanted. The backgrounds are mostly, if not all, handdrawn. She put the two elements together with After Effects. She kept a blog about the process here: http://lindeseindjaar.blogspot.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; She has now mostly given up animation and follows her passion to do book illustrations instead. Hopefully she will soon make a new film though, cause she is an excellent animator!

Hope that clears things up :)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Thanks so much for your time.

Those are valuable explanation and a lot of people (including myself) were wondering how it was done exactly. :)
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Thank you very much for all these explanations ! :D