PPalette 7.50 (Mac/PC)

Elodie

Re: PPalette 7.50 (Mac/PC)

Post by Elodie »

Personally, I use Mac and Windows for several years and Ubuntu for few days and my conclusion is : there is no perfect OS.

They all presents adavantage the others don't have, and they all have stupid functions the others don't have.

All depends on what are your attempts (do you like to fiddle with your computer, do you want to have something usable immediatly or do you want to make it as you want etc...).

And many details depend on the OS version. For example, I hated : windows 98 and Vista, but I loved Windows 2000 and XP (I have never used Seven yet). I loved Mac 10.5 and 10.6, but I absolutely hate 10.7. I appreciate Ubuntu because it's fun to enter command line (it gives the feeling I am a big nerdz XD) but I spend most of the time to feel "Shit, why doesn't it work ???", than having pleasure with Linux (even if, when I finally succeed to do something, I'm glad like if I'd climbed Kilimandjaro).

So, I think all depends on your way to work. At the moment, I think Snow Leopard is first in my heart, because it was usually really simple to use it. I think I have less headaches with this OS, than with any other OS... even if I really disagree Apple's point of view, in particular with Lion...
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Will PPalette run under TVP 10 windows? Mark? Anyone using it?

Sven
idragosani

Re: PPalette 7.50

Post by idragosani »

lemec wrote:Latest version of the source code has been posted for any mac developer intrepid enough to try and compile this.

Source code for 7.50
Do you think this would work under Linux as well? I have 64-bit, though....
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

Linux conversion should be easy, maybe a #include or two to change (MacOSX is BSD based, so some fcts are in different header files than Linux, not sure if there are any of those in ppalette).

64 bits should work "out of the box". Just be sure to use the latest SDK (ask Herve for that), and set your IDE to build 64 bits binaries !

So give it a try !
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

ematecki wrote:Linux conversion should be easy, maybe a #include or two to change (MacOSX is BSD based, so some fcts are in different header files than Linux, not sure if there are any of those in ppalette).

64 bits should work "out of the box". Just be sure to use the latest SDK (ask Herve for that), and set your IDE to build 64 bits binaries !

So give it a try !
I don't have a copy of the latest SDK, I have an old one from like 8.5 and it only provides a Windows DLL interface. I think I asked for something more recent a couple of months ago but apparently there wasn't anything publicly available yet.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

Send a PM to Herve :)
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
Gravin

Post by Gravin »

Is there a way to keep ppalette open between sessions (so it's open by default when starting tvpaint)? It appears to be changing the config file during exit to switch it's visible state off. Making the config file read only solves that but it causes tvpaint to crash on exit.
Léo
Site Admin

Post by Léo »

Hello Gravin,

Which version of TVPaint Animation do you have?

In fact, the plug-in windows should already keep the last position and visible state, unless if you use "Always keep the same configuration" in the Startup Preferences
Léo Fernandez
TVPaint Q&A and Lead Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester
Windows 11 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro.
Wacom driver version 6.4.2-3
Gravin

Post by Gravin »

I'm still on v.9, the most recent version available but don't recall the exact version number. it seems to remember the position just fine but I have to toggle it back on every time I relaunch. I will have to take a look and see if I can find the "Always keep the same configuration" setting and see if turning that on will solve my problem.
lemec

Post by lemec »

I'll post a newer version soon, hopefully by tomorrow. Bug me if I forget.
(Win7x64, TVP Pro 11 32-bit)
lemec

Post by lemec »

Version 7.53

This one should "remember" if it was open when TVPaint is restarted.
Attachments
ppalette.zip
(174.44 KiB) Downloaded 2826 times
Gravin

Post by Gravin »

hmm... that doesn't seem to have changed the behavior on my end. If I manually edit the config file I can get tvpaint to open with ppalette open but when I close tvpaint the changes to the config are overwritten back to there original state.

second line in the Perceptual Pallet section of the config is this by default...
"room-1winvisible=0" = ppalette not open at start of tvpaint

-but if I change it to this manually and save the config...
"room-1winvisible=1" = ppalette is open at start of tvpaint

I remember the behavior being the same with the default config setup but in case it makes any difference I do have a custom config location defined in the system.ini
Gravin

Post by Gravin »

is it possible to open the ppalete panel through george script? If so I could just use a start up script to open it each time I start a new session.
lemec

Post by lemec »

Gravin wrote:is it possible to open the ppalete panel through george script? If so I could just use a start up script to open it each time I start a new session.

Code: Select all

tv_plugin "ppalette" open
Gravin

Post by Gravin »

Thanks lemec!

Unfortunately I can't seem to get my Startup.grg script to work. Is this a limitation of the standard version of TVP? The manual where I found the info for this feature was for the "pro" version I believe. I tried the George folder in my config folder and the install location for TVP.

Code: Select all

Param None
tv_warn foobar
tv_plugin "ppalette" open
The above code works fine as an action button within TVPaint.