Revolution in coloring lineart: LazyBrush plugin V1.1 !

Joost

Re: Revolution in coloring lineart: LazyBrush plugin release

Post by Joost »

In the trial version it wasn't a problem to use the background scribble tool, but it doesn't seem to work in the official version of lazy brush. It just makes the area you are coloring the magenta color of the bg scribble tool...
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
lazybrush

Post by lazybrush »

For those who are going to Annecy this year. LazyBrush will be presented at MIFA, TVPaint's booth 2.014 from Wednesday 12th to Friday 14th. We will be very happy to meet you, do a live demonstration of LazyBrush capabilities, and answer your questions!
lazybrush

Post by lazybrush »

Joost wrote:In the trial version it wasn't a problem to use the background scribble tool, but it doesn't seem to work in the official version of lazy brush. It just makes the area you are coloring the magenta color of the bg scribble tool...
Seems strange. Are you using "Set BG Scribble" button to switch to BG scribble mode?

Can you please check value of BG scribble color in config.ini file typically stored in
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\tvp animation 10 pro\default\config.ini (or so)

There should be the following two lines:

[LazyBrush-1.0]
bgvalues=255 0 255 255
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

lazybrush wrote:For those who are going to Annecy this year. LazyBrush will be presented at MIFA, TVPaint's booth 2.014 from Wednesday 12th to Friday 14th. We will be very happy to meet you, do a live demonstration of LazyBrush capabilities, and answer your questions!
Same booth as TVPaint btw :)
Fabrice Debarge
lazybrush

Post by lazybrush »

Joost wrote:In the trial version it wasn't a problem to use the background scribble tool, but it doesn't seem to work in the official version of lazy brush. It just makes the area you are coloring the magenta color of the bg scribble tool...
We were able to isolate the cause of this problem thanks to assistance from Joost. We've already prepared an updated version of LazyBrush which fixes this issue. Please download and reinstall the updated plugin from the LazyBrush website.
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

I bought this and am learning to use it. What a great boon to the painting process. Thanks you so much.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

I also just bought. And My first reaction is :D :D :D :D This seems like a VERY usefull plugin maybe actually a "Revolution in coloring lineart". Some first thought(that I havnt thought so much of)

1) Option to create the _scribble layer and _color layer with same layergroup as the original lineart layer. Every character in my tvpaint clip has its own layer color so I quickly can find my charater by looking for the color. and I think I would prefer the _scribble and _color layer to have the same group(color)

2) What if the _scribble layer was automatically selected when I pressed "Set FG Scribble" and "Set BG Scribble"?
this means if my currently selected layer is called "dog" if I press "Set FG Scribble" the plugin would automatically look for a layer beneth called "dog_scribble" and select it if it exists. and if It dont maybe create it?
and the same if placed on a layer called dog_color

But congratulation with this great plugin I hope its going to be a success , so you can continue the development
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
lazybrush

Post by lazybrush »

Thank you for your feedback Mads! Both of your suggestions sound really convenient. Hopefully, it shouldn't be hard to implement. We will look into it!
Roselle2

Post by Roselle2 »

Hi Lazybrush,
Wenn man den KeyFramer aufrufen kann um den Track-Pfad einer Anime. (wie in dem Läufer Clip) zu übernehmen, warum kann man dann nicht auch den Lazybrush- Print Knopf nicht gleich im
KeyFramer einbetten und das Print-Füllen der Animation mit dem KeyFramer abarbeiten lassen? :wink:
Mit , von Frame zu Frame und Print ,Print, Print ... klicken, :cry: ist dann doch umständlich. Oder nicht?
Roselles Wunsch H.G
Roselle2
PC: Intel Core-i5 12600, 32GB RAM, Grafikcard ATI RX6600, Wacom Cintiq 21" Tablett with second Full-HD Monitor.
elmisilhumano

Post by elmisilhumano »

I also bought the lazy brush. Looks amazing. But one question. Is there a reason it changes my linedrawing layer to multiply?

M.
Mikko Vormala
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Any idea when it will be possible to paint multiple frames with one click of the paint button?
  • Club Baboo
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.2
  • macOS Ventura 13.4.1 & Windows 10
  • Cintiq 27QHD
lazybrush

Post by lazybrush »

elmisilhumano wrote:I also bought the lazy brush. Looks amazing. But one question. Is there a reason it changes my linedrawing layer to multiply?
The reason is that we expected some users would prefer working with black-on-white lineart, i.e., the kind of linedrawing where background pixels are white but not transparent. The Multiply mode is typically used with this kind of lineart. Color mode does not work for it, because the background is opaque so layers beneath are not visible. Therefore we decided to use the Multiply mode as the default mode for lineart, since it works with both types of lineart (i.e., lineart with transparent background as well as lineart with opaque white background). However, the lineart blending mode does not influence how the LazyBrush coloring works, so you can always switch it to any other mode you like.
lazybrush

Post by lazybrush »

Roselle2 wrote:Mit , von Frame zu Frame und Print ,Print, Print ... klicken, ist dann doch umständlich. Oder nicht?
Lukas wrote:Any idea when it will be possible to paint multiple frames with one click of the paint button?
Yes, single-click coloring of multiple frames is on top of our todo list and it should be available in the next version, which will be out soon, hopefully :)
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

lazybrush wrote:
elmisilhumano wrote: However, the lineart blending mode does not influence how the LazyBrush coloring works, so you can always switch it to any other mode you like.
Maybe there should be a preference Panel Where you could set the default behaviour orf Lazy brush. Like WHich blending mode : color/multiply/keep color mode, Which layer group of scribllle and color layer etc.
-Mads
Last edited by Mads Juul on 07 Jun 2013, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
elmisilhumano

Post by elmisilhumano »

lazybrush wrote:
elmisilhumano wrote:I also bought the lazy brush. Looks amazing. But one question. Is there a reason it changes my linedrawing layer to multiply?
The reason is that we expected some users would prefer working with black-on-white lineart, i.e., the kind of linedrawing where background pixels are white but not transparent. The Multiply mode is typically used with this kind of lineart. Color mode does not work for it, because the background is opaque so layers beneath are not visible. Therefore we decided to use the Multiply mode as the default mode for lineart, since it works with both types of lineart (i.e., lineart with transparent background as well as lineart with opaque white background). However, the lineart blending mode does not influence how the LazyBrush coloring works, so you can always switch it to any other mode you like.
Ok thanks for the answer. I think most of the people are doing their line work with transparent background. Also many animations have colored outlines so I prefer for the color mode as a default. But anyways it is easy to change.

M.
Mikko Vormala