Revolution in coloring lineart: LazyBrush plugin V1.1 !

Fabrice

Re: Revolution in coloring lineart: LazyBrush plugin release

Post by Fabrice »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:
Fabrice wrote: That said, he needs probably to do a few sales before improving the way it works.
Shouldn't it be the other way around? :|
Sure, you are right.
I had to say instead : I wouldn't blame him if he is slower than us to fix bugs or improve something immediately.
It's a start for the Lazybrush plug-in, so I have no idea about his next dev plans (new plug-in ? improvements ? etc ... all depends on many parameters).
Fabrice Debarge
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

And I assume he isn't developing this for TVPaint alone but to work with other software as well, correct?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

There should be something for photoshop too.

But I prefer Daniel to give more details, that would be more accurate.
Fabrice Debarge
lazybrush

Post by lazybrush »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:And I assume he isn't developing this for TVPaint alone but to work with other software as well, correct?
Paul, many thanks for your effort to incorporate LazyBrush into your pipeline! Your feedback is extremely important for us as our aim is to produce really useful tool. We'll try to do our best to fix all mentioned issues, however, this will definitely take some time. Let me slightly introduce our team and future plans.

LazyBrush team currently consists of 3 developers: Ondrej Jamriska, Ofer Kapota, and me (Daniel Sykora). I'm the author of the LazyBrush algorithm, Ondrej is the author of its efficient implementation, and Ofer helps us with TVPaint integration as besides coding he also has great experience with TVPaint as an artist, actually he initiated the idea to produce TVPaint plugin of LazyBrush algorithm.

Our current plans are to improve TVPaint plug-in according to needs of first users and also to release stand-alone version as well as Photoshop plug-in with custom tailored user interface for interactive coloring (i.e., without "Paint" button, as in this video: http://youtu.be/XTUefe5HGKU), this variant will be also available as a different interaction mode in TVPaint plugin. We also plan to release another plug-in called LazySnap, which enables deformable image registration suitable for transferring LazyBrush's scribbles to next animation frames: http://youtu.be/fRmo6svs-84. As Fabrice said we'll try to do our best to attract more customers so that we can invest more into these future plans.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Hi Daniel,

As I said, Sandra (since she is the one who will be using the tool because I don't know how to paint well enough) is already making good use of LazyBrush as it stands now. This is particularly useful to her because of the sketchy way I connect my thin lines with each other -- or better put, tend not to finish lines and leave them disconnected.

The improvements Sandra would like to see made more than anything else is the option Ofer had offered ( :) ) which is to allow for LazyBrush to automatically create a new layer for each new color, if desired for certain situations so that she won't have to go through the trouble of doing this manually. The other improvement she would like to see is the possibility to create key commands for each of the five commands you have in your LazyBrush panel.

But I don't want anyone following our discussion to think this is an unfinished product; it is truly a great leap forward in expediting the often tedious task of painting between lines and we greatly appreciate your efforts.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
lazybrush

Post by lazybrush »

Hi Paul,

thanks for your support! We're really glad to hear that you found LazyBrush plug-in useful. We'll try to add hot-keys as well as button for export into separate layers as soon as possible.

Daniel
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

lazybrush wrote:Hi Paul,

thanks for your support! We're really glad to hear that you found LazyBrush plug-in useful. We'll try to add hot-keys as well as button for export into separate layers as soon as possible.

Daniel

I also want to say that I think Paul's suggestions for improving LazyBrush usage in TVPaint (with Tracker, etc.) would make a good tool even better.

But that said , I should also hasten to add a big THANK YOU to the LazyBrush development team. This is a great plug-in as it stands now , aside from any future improvements. I have been very busy with work the last couple of days , so have not really had an opportunity to play around with LazyBrush too much, but I can already tell from using it a little bit that I will be purchasing it soon . It's a very fine tool .

lemec

Post by lemec »

fantastic stuff - can't wait for the demo version that works with full tvp.
(Win7x64, TVP Pro 11 32-bit)
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Congratulations Daniel. Admirable plugin most TVP users will have to have - well thought out.

I was reviewing some of your YouTube videos which demo the different "smart" fill operations. I happened to see the textoons demo again, from last year's paper, and was wondering if LazyBrush would eventually include these amazing capabilities as well?

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
CartoonMonkey

Post by CartoonMonkey »

Truly amazing. Your team is doing some of the most interesting things I've seen for 2d animation in some time. I'm spending some time with the demo this evening. Let you know how it goes!
Roselle2

Post by Roselle2 »

Das ist revolutionär,
Angemerkt: Noch läuft es bei mir, in der Vollversion (Pro) 10.0.18 nicht. Soll in der Demo Version 9.0.5. gehen. Bei Klick auf Print wird eine Lizenznummer verlangt.
Ausprobieren ist so also bei mir nicht möglich.
In dem Youtube -Clip zeigt diese Funktion allerdings wirklich eine starke Bereicherung für TV Paint...
Ich denke wenn es auch in der V. 10 (64Bit) läuft und man zum Ausprobieren 1 Woche Probezeit bekommt, kann ich mich für einen Kauf entscheiden. Ich hoffe sehr, dass auch die neuen Entwicklungen schnell Vorankommen denn sie sind wie ich es sehe wirklich eine starke Bereicherung.

:mrgreen: H.G. Roselle2
Last edited by Roselle2 on 11 Jun 2013, 09:52, edited 2 times in total.
PC: Intel Core-i5 12600, 32GB RAM, Grafikcard ATI RX6600, Wacom Cintiq 21" Tablett with second Full-HD Monitor.
piano

Post by piano »

great plug-in ! really amazing, thanks !!
Merwilla

Post by Merwilla »

Does the plugin only work in Version 10 of Tvpaint?

Also, will be there be a discount for students? :)
lazybrush

Post by lazybrush »

Merwilla wrote:Does the plugin only work in Version 10 of Tvpaint?
We only tested it with TVP 10 so far, but we believe that it should work with previous TVPaint versions as well.
Merwilla wrote:Also, will be there be a discount for students? :)
Student discounts are not planned at this point, but that might change in the future.
lazybrush

Post by lazybrush »

We tested LazyBrush in TVP Animation 9.5 few moments ago, and I can say it works just fine.