Remove Playback of Clip Animation in the Projet Timeline

A forum where you can suggest which features can be deleted or merged with other options.
Mads Juul

Remove Playback of Clip Animation in the Projet Timeline

Post by Mads Juul »

I like that in the Project Timeline. when A clip is selected the thumnail shows the current frame without camera field
and when the clip is not current clip the thumbnail displays the first frame and the camera file.
But I do not like the the playback preview of the animation in the clip when the mouse is hovering above the clip.
It doesn't make it easyer to navigate. I actually fins it confuses me and makes it slower to navigate.
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Remove Playback of Clip Animation in the Projet Timeline

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

To me the playback of thumbs is useful because, as I have mentioned before, it is a way of stepping back from the project to study the timing of the entire piece. But I do agree that at other times it gets in the way. Could we have it both ways, perhaps two new buttons at the end of the third row with one allowing playback, the other locking the camera motion?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hmmm ...why not ?
Fabrice Debarge
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:it is a way of stepping back from the project to study the timing of the entire piece.
How are you stepping back? Hovering the mouse over a clip and then the next like this?
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I never use the timeline view for anything but loading a global soundtrack. It's mostly because I don't like the uneven and wasted spaces between the frames. This for me is anything but stepping back.

90% of the time I use the thumbnail view at its largest size. What that gives me at a single first glance is the composition of each clip ... a first impression of the story's flow. If two following clips look too much alike in their distribution of mass and composition, I worry and hover my mouse over each one to see how my camera moves correct this potential problem... stepping far away also helps me get an idea of what my project will look like on an iPod or some other small device. This is also why I like so much to see at times the animation within the little pictures.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

I think we agree.
There are 4 view in the project tab
- Thumbnail view
- Column view
- Row view
- Timeline view
And it just occurs to me that It is only in the timeline view I find the playback of the animation when hovering over the clip thumbnail disturbing.
And my request only concerns this view. I havn't used the other views myself so far. but I can see that playback of the animation makes perfectly sense in these views because there is no timeline.
But in the timeline view there is and i can easyli scrub the timeline if i want to playback this view.
But when editing sound my Mouse is constantly crossing the clip timeline to acess the sound files. so there is a lot of movement going when my mouse cross the clip timeline. so that confuses my and takes my mind of what i'm doing. that's why i would like the playback of the Clip animation when hovering the mouse over a clip thumbnail to be disable in the Project timeline view.

In the future I would like the layers of the clip to be viewed instead of the thumbnail in the Project timeline view.
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

Roselle2

Post by Roselle2 »

by Roselle2,
:lol: I 'D like to have the Clip Animation Playback allways stay-. So i can list the Synchron words from my clip.
PC: Intel Core-i5 12600, 32GB RAM, Grafikcard ATI RX6600, Wacom Cintiq 21" Tablett with second Full-HD Monitor.