Remove "OSX styled" buttons

A forum where you can suggest which features can be deleted or merged with other options.
Fake Pilot

Remove "OSX styled" buttons

Post by Fake Pilot »

The interface for the Mac version looks ugly. It is mostly because of the red, green and white "OS X styled" buttons for the panels, their edges are jagged and just makes it look cheap.
Would be much better if it just looked like the Windows version or maybe more like Adobe's panel.
Elodie

Re: Remove "OSX styled" buttons

Post by Elodie »

Fake Pilot wrote:It is mostly because of the red, green and white "OS X styled" buttons for the panels, their edges are jagged and just makes it look cheap.
:?: :?: :?:

We cannot change these buttons, because they are the MAc OSX button by default. It's a little like if you said "I don't like the dock". That's not our responsibility. :roll: :D
Fake Pilot

Post by Fake Pilot »

Not talking about the ones on the top window, those look good. I mean the panels.
I don't have any other software on my Mac, with OSX button styled panels. Especially not with jagged pixeled ones?

These:
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Ok... Well, I let the osther mac users giving their opinon about this. Personally, I don't find them pixeled and they don't bother me :mrgreen:
Fake Pilot

Post by Fake Pilot »

Yeah, maybe not the most important feature change. :-)
But they don't look very good and removing them would make it look better. Many Mac users are designers and they care about stuff like that.
Maybe a bit silly.

And about priority, adding professional video tutorials would probably get you more (and happier) clients. That would be high priority for me, if I worked with TVP. :-)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

And about priority, adding professional video tutorials would probably get you more (and happier) clients. That would be high priority for me, if I worked with TVP. :-)
Work in progress.
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Fake Pilot wrote:Yeah, maybe not the most important feature change. :-)
But they don't look very good and removing them would make it look better. Many Mac users are designers and they care about stuff like that.
Maybe a bit silly.
Ok, it's noted =)

Concerning the tutorial, did you already peek an eye here ? http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic ... torial.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They are tutorial for beginners, but they are a good way to start.
EDIT : sorry, I forgot you already had your license for while, you are not a beginner anymore :roll: :oops:

New tutorials are in progress, be patient :)
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

I changed my GUI to something darker and less 3d-touch. So the fruit-bonbon-style of OSX should not be in the forefront of all.
Bildschirmfoto 2013-01-22 um 15.01.15.png
You can change your GUI with Shift-D / Interface.

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

That would be high priority for me, if I worked with TVP.
Since you don,t work with TVP, which this statement of yours implies, why bother with nid pickings? Just to be a good sport? Altruism?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Fake Pilot

Post by Fake Pilot »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Since you don,t work with TVP, which this statement of yours implies, why bother with nid pickings? Just to be a good sport? Altruism?
Sorry, did not intend to offend anyone.
I meant that I do not work with creating the software itself, of course. I do own a copy of TVP Animation 10 Standard that I use for working with animation. I gave critique with the intent of trying to make the software better. So that I would enjoy working with it more and so that TVP can get more paying users. The recommendation about pro tutorials was simply, that I think people are used to get good video tutorials with a voice explaining workflows. A steep learning curve can be the reason many doesn't start with a certain software. I am a total beginner to TVP myself and I don't think it's easy to follow along. Yet, I learnt other difficult software like Maya and Zbrush pretty well.

My intent was the opposite of altruism.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

The voice is not an option: indeed, TVPaint is sold in more 60 countries, and a lot of them just don't speak a single word of english ...
Believe me, english text is the better choice. :)
Fabrice Debarge
Fake Pilot

Post by Fake Pilot »

No, english voice AND text is the better choice. :-P
Sound can easily be turned off, but if there is none - you loose one whole sense of communication. Almost two actually... Hearing and emotion!
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

:)
Fabrice Debarge
Fake Pilot

Post by Fake Pilot »

Would actually rather have french tutorials with english text, than no sound at all.

And instead of having the videos hosted here, have them embedded from Youtube.
They even have translation narration services. You could have a video in full HD, with english voice and subtitles for many languages on the same video!
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Fake Pilot wrote:No, english voice AND text is the better choice. :-P
Sound can easily be turned off, but if there is none - you loose one whole sense of communication. Almost two actually... Hearing and emotion!

Oké soo lait's tolk wiz or peurfekt frensh aksent.

You didn't understand what you read ? so imagine if you had heard it... :mrgreen: