TVPaint Documentation.

A forum where you can suggest which features can be deleted or merged with other options.
toymaker1

TVPaint Documentation.

Post by toymaker1 »

Hello.
I am awaiting delivery of TVPaint 11. In the meantime, I have been downloading the instructional documentation.
I find it really very bizarre. for example, I find that each section of the documentation repeats the 10 page index!!!!! Very weird, and very very expensive in ink and paper. It is not simply a matter of preventing the index from printing, because it is unpredictable what is going to appear next out of the printer. I cannot understand how this has been so badly organised when the Documentation was being prepared. - Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers.
Elodie

Re: TVPaint Documentation.

Post by Elodie »

It may depend on your computer, your printer, your driver, your browser... too many possibilities. Why don't you simply copy paste text and images you need in a software like Open office ?
toymaker1

Re: TVPaint Documentation.

Post by toymaker1 »

Elodie wrote:It may depend on your computer, your printer, your driver, your browser... too many possibilities. Why don't you simply copy paste text and images you need in a software like Open office ?
Elodie.

Thanks for your advice about printing out the TVPaint user documentation without the ten page index repeating in each section of the documentation.
I find it very useful, for constant reference, to print out the entire user documentation, which is what I do with other software which I have purchased. It would clearly be very tedious and expensive and time consuming to copy and paste each section of the vast user documentation, while avoiding printing out the constantly repeating index, as you have suggested.
Taking into account what an excellent program TVPaint is, I find it amazing, and very strange, that the TVPaint company has not been aware of the problem I have mentioned - i.e. that the whole ten page index repeats in front of every section of the user documntation. It is not a competent professional aproach. It is ridiculous to suggest that the user should copy and paste each individual section of the documentation - there are hundreds of sections, with the ten page index repeated in between each section.
I am very surprised that no other user of TVPaint has experienced this problem. Maybe it is a problem which is unique to my computer setup.
I am using TVPaint 11 with an iMac OSX 10.11.1 El Capitan.

Regards

Peter de Wit