Location of example George scripts? OSX

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
cbit

Location of example George scripts? OSX

Post by cbit »

Apologies if I'm overlooking something obvious, couldn't find the answer in the manual. I can't find any example George scripts. I've installed TV Paint pro 11 on my OSX machine. Should some example George scripts be on my computer already? if so where?

Thanks!
Svengali

Re: Location of example George scripts? OSX

Post by Svengali »

Two places you could look:
1. go to section 21 "the advanced functions of TVPaint Animation" in the TVPaint online documentation (click DOC above).
2. go to the tvpaint wikipedia and look around. There are a number of examples (syntax and usage) also "include libraries" to be found.

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
cbit

Post by cbit »

Thanks. I've already looked in both places. The docs say 'Some George Scripts are available as example with the software' but give no clue about how to find/access them.

The wiki page about George states 'Many example scripts are included with TVPaint and are stored in the George subdirectory', but I cannot locate a George directory anywhere on my machine.

The documentation is inadequate here. Does anyone know where I can find the example George files?
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

You can launch tvpaint while pressing a modifier (alt on windows, so maybe cmd on mac?) and you'll have a little panel where you can choose the directory of your tvpaint settings. Just open your setting with "choose folder" and you'll see the path of your directory. Then you can dig in the folders of you panels and george scripts.
Also when you have a script on your panels (like in the Handy Custom Panel) sometimes the script is embedded in the panel. Just right click on the button, click edit, then modify the "embedded george script" actions if you find one.
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
cbit

Post by cbit »

Thanks for trying to help.
NathanOtano wrote: 08 Jun 2017, 08:33 You can launch tvpaint while pressing a modifier (alt on windows, so maybe cmd on mac?) and you'll have a little panel where you can choose the directory of your tvpaint settings.
Couldn't find the shortcut on mac, but I turned on 'Open startup panel' in the Startup section of the preferences which worked.
NathanOtano wrote: 08 Jun 2017, 08:33Just open your setting with "choose folder" and you'll see the path of your directory. Then you can dig in the folders of you panels and george scripts.
I have the option 'change folder' under the Configuration dropdown. But when I select that option a finder window opens in the folder that I last exported images into from my project. No subdirectories in there, and no george scripts.
aAntin

Post by aAntin »

Hi there,

Nathan told me here that I could dig into George scripts at 'Users/yoursessionname/appdata/roaming/tvpaintversion/configfolder/george' folder. Unfortunately, I'm not on Windows either and I can't find any corresponding folder on mac OS.

Any info about this?

Thank you!
aAntin

Post by aAntin »

Hi cbit,

I could find George scripts inside mac OS hidden folder ~/Library:
  1. Open a new finder
  2. Menu Go / Go to Folder... (or Cmd+Shift+G)
  3. Enter '~/Library/tvp animation 11 pro/default/george' (or browse according to your TVPaint version)
Cheers! :)