video import/export

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
Satrip

video import/export

Post by Satrip »

The export animation to .ogg, works nice.
But when I try to import back this .ogg video in TVP it result a flashy mashed pixel !

Otherwise the loader handle right .avi with xvid video. I'll do some more test with other video formats.
Patrice

Re: video import/export

Post by Patrice »

Have you try to load it in an external video player? This may help the developers to know if it is the saving or the loading that fails.
Ex TVPaint Team
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

The debugging of the import/export is on the todo list, they stay a lot of issue with ffmpeg and ogg theora. ( the source code is available in the software package )
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
Satrip

Post by Satrip »

Yes Patrice I've played the exported file in the default player as with vlc it is good.
Only the FFmpeg import of this ogg Theora is buggy.
Note: I only exported Video (no audio), so I can't say yet if the plugin export audio right, but at least video is nicely rendered and compressed (tried high and medium settings) !

Please tell me Hervé, I'm wondering why can't you do a FreeBSD/Theora based loader for ogg (and why not a LGPL/FFmpeg saver too), is it a matter of time to write it, or something else?
(Edit: It's not that I need it, but I though maybe it could be a way to get things work better at least for ogg.. but I may be wrong.)
(I've seen the plugins source code in the package but didn't look into them much further as I don't have enough knowledge to make something good with it yet..).