Draw lag with best smooth

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
Satrip

Draw lag with best smooth

Post by Satrip »

A few days ago I've switched from TVP32bit on Karmic to TVP64bit on Lucid RC.

Everything seems to work as before, except I've noticed an awfull lag when drawing with custom brushes with Smooth set to Best.
A good example to reproduce the bug is Sewie's caligraphie tool, I can't find where he posted it ( but I have it in my toolbox so it must be somewhere around in the forum...).

I'm not sure if it comes from the 64bit build or some changes in Lucid. But I'm sure I could use these custom brushes with best smooth before without lag.
Sewie

Re: Draw lag with best smooth

Post by Sewie »

Is this the brush you're looking for ?

(This TVP64bit is a beta, I assume?)
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Satrip

Post by Satrip »

Yes this is exactly the brush I'm talking about, thank you Sewie (by the way the "broken lines" bug your thread was about is corrected here).
The Lag appears on relative fast drawing, only with best smooth option (so I use medium smooth instead for now it works better).

Yes, this TVP64bit is beta as all linux TVP for now... ( Any Release date planned ?? )
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

The best smoothing option use 49 time more pixel than the order pixel filter, the lag is normal with large brush.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team