[Android] Post Bugs/Features Here

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
poopoosplatter

Re: [Android] Post Bugs/Features Here

Post by poopoosplatter »

Running TVP on my galaxy note 10.1. In order to counteract the rotating bug, simply turn off the "screen rotation" switch in the bottom right drawer menu in android.

Hopefully we will see audio soon? This is the quintessential app on my tablet, and would gladly pay money to see a full "retail" version. The only other android animation solutions ive seen are simple ones that are meant to be drawn with fingers.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Hi and thank you for your comments !

The sound management should be available in few months, as some people are working on it :)
janiko

Post by janiko »

I´m currently testing tvpaint on a galaxy note 10.1. it works fine, except that the keyboard sometime pops up, that the program gets stuck.Please solve this stuff, and the audio does not work, during the work. Only when i export the whole movie, it´s there.
here are my first steps of animating, i really enjoyed working on it, hope i´ll finish it soon:
http://youtu.be/VmRRuvk828s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

The audio is fixed and will be present in the next Android build.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Thank you for sharing your video.

Concerning the keyboard problem, it's already fixed, so you shouldn't have this problem anymore. Are using the last update ?
For the sound, it should be available in the next release, probably in November.
extent

Post by extent »

I'm still seeing keyboard hangs with 18.2677
SinusMagnus

Post by SinusMagnus »

Hello, is there a new version of the beta coming out ?
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

please be patient, we will update the website soon.
Fabrice Debarge
Twig

Post by Twig »

Cool. You guys truly rock! This program has been a godsend for Android. :)

The later builds of the beta have been really solid for my use. I only had one issue, which was caused by my own doing. I accidentally tried saving to a locked system folder. It caused the application to freeze. :oops:
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Well, I glad to announce that the OpenBeta period is now over after 16 months :)

The demo version on Android platforms (optimized for Wacom Companion) will be available soon on the website.

The right click will work too ! :D
On Wacom Companion, the eraser, altitude, azimuth, ... will work as well.

For those who have the chance to be at the CTN Expo, we will demonstrate it.
Pricing and availability informations will be given just after the CTN expo.
Fabrice Debarge
Twig

Post by Twig »

Does this mean that this wonderful application, that has the bestest-best drawing tools on Android, will no longer function come tomorrow? It says 0 days left, but it still launches. :shock:

Regardless, I'm so happy you guys offered this as it has made my Note 10.1 such a great tool. So a big THANKS for the past year! :)

Question though about the right click, will the Note 10.1's stylus' side-button be supported also? I know it's possible, because ScummVM( 1.6 ) uses the S Pen's side-button as a right-click and it's a 3rd party app.

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to getting a Companion and seeing how much this program will cost.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You'll know more about within few weeks.

But within few days, you can download the demo version of TVPaint Animation 10 for Android (but you won't be able to save anything).
great_expectations

Post by great_expectations »

Well, the beta doesn't work very well on the Galaxy 10.1 (2014). Because of the higher screen resolution, the user interface is much much much too tiny to be usable. So hopefully, the demo/finished version will work properly. I'm a bit afraid that the Android version will be limited to the professional license only, aimed at the Wacom Companion, excluding a large group of potential users for whom this 2500 EUR combination is a bit too expensive.
kethatch

Post by kethatch »

As an animation student who uses TVPaint Standard and only a week ago found TVPaint for Android, I am also concerned that this will place mobile TVPaint over and above anything I could possibly afford.

The most important question keeps being avoided here, and that is: Will current TVPaint Standard license holders be required to purchase a Professional license because it the mobile version will only be Professional? But also.. If someone already has TVPaint Professional, does that mean the mobile version will have a reduced price?

These are very important things to know.

As a side note, I use the Note 10.1 (er, not 2014 ver.) because it was a reasonable price for the features it provides (Wacom digitizer technology, mainly).. Only in my dreams I wish I could have the Companion :)
Twig

Post by Twig »

Regardless of the price, this is the next pro program I invest in. I like that is does so much, that it's cross-platform, and that it's not tied to some stupid cloud.

Since the TV Paint demo no longer works, I've been dealing with SketchBook Pro, which is vomit in comparison -- I know, it's not a fair comparison. TV Paint's brush tools and desktop features have spoiled me.