[Android] Post Bugs/Features Here

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
Eric Scholl

Re: [Android] Post Bugs/Features Here

Post by Eric Scholl »

Peter Wassink wrote:
fishgimp wrote:... They take a while to open via hovering the pen on the galaxy note though..
swipe along the edge instead of hover, and they will appear instantly (don't have an android, but thats what they do on the pc)

and Team... congrats it looks like TVP is the current worldchampion in android drawing!
It works also if you directly click on it with your pen :)
Thank you Peter :oops: :D
fishgimp

Post by fishgimp »

Peter Wassink wrote:
fishgimp wrote:... They take a while to open via hovering the pen on the galaxy note though..
swipe along the edge instead of hover, and they will appear instantly (don't have an android, but thats what they do on the pc)

and Team... congrats it looks like TVP is the current worldchampion in android drawing!
Ahh, thanks! It works.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

there is still a huge work regarding the interface, to make it usable on Android tablet, but it sounds like it's a technical good start.

I hope some people will talk about it in the various Android reviews.
Fabrice Debarge
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Fabrice wrote:I hope some people will talk about it in the various Android reviews.
Why not be more active about this?
You are on to something here. I mean with the fact that currently there seems to be no better drawing app out there.
you should maybe help this talk a little
I can see it pull quite a view potential 'standard'TVP users in. Animators with android devices who get into TVP via the android version.
Sounds like something you could actively push foreward, have you put out a press release yet about the android open Beta and the very positive reactions?
don't be afraid to boast a little :wink:
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Peter Wassink wrote:
Fabrice wrote:I hope some people will talk about it in the various Android reviews.
Why not be more active about this?
You are on to something here. I mean with the fact that currently there seems to be no better drawing app out there.
you should maybe help this talk a little
I can see it pull quite a view potential 'standard'TVP users in. Animators with android devices who get into TVP via the android version.
Sounds like something you could actively push foreward, have you put out a press release yet about the android open Beta and the very positive reactions?
don't be afraid to boast a little :wink:
yep, it's more a "time to do it" problem.
Reinforcements are coming soon :)
Fabrice Debarge
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

fishgimp wrote: - option to disable canvas rotate as it's really unnecessary on a tablet and l keep rotating by accident..
+1
I just got an Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and I love Tvpaint on this device. It is a pleasure to draw. I almost think it is better than the wacom 12 but I have to work some more with the note. And like fishgimp also wrote, the Tvpaintdrawing experience is FAR superiour to autodesk and photoshop. This is a winner. When this is said lets turn to where this beta can be improved. First the navigation. The pinch zoom and scroll is not well implemented I think the rotation should be removed. maybe optional. Like the other application. It is simply confusing. A lot of times tvpInt also dont detect i have 2 fingers on the canvas and want to navigation. And some times the navigation "sticks" to my fingers when i remove my fingers so the zoom and pan is of. Adobe touch is also incluedd withthe galaxy note 10.1 and the zoom pinch navigation is working much better.
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

fishgimp wrote: - option to disable canvas rotate as it's really unnecessary on a tablet and l keep rotating by accident..
Maybe we should remove completly the "pinch to zoom" because apple have a patent on it.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Hervé wrote:
Maybe we should remove completly the "pinch to zoom" because apple have a patent on it.
What does this mean? That pinch scroll and zoom in google chrome, photoshop touch and Samsung s-note is illigal?
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Hervé wrote:
Is the patent for drawing a line already taken?
If you are quick you can make a lot of money. :roll:

By the way this Bas Ording, who's name is on the patent in the link, graduated the same year(1997) as me at the Utrecht school of arts in Hilversum .
His graduation work, mainly all kinds of interaction interface stuff with real world like behaviour. I remember being very impressed by it, but never thought his work would become this influential.
Soon after he was picked up by apple development.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

That pinch scroll and zoom in google chrome, photoshop touch and Samsung s-note is illigal?
And this is why software patents are a Bad Idea.

There are lots of initiatives fighting them, you could join or support any of those near your location. Some starting point:
http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/en/m/intro/index.html
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

:shock: :? :x
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Just for the record, I've read opinions of others who claim that patents will boost creativity among competing products because it will prevent them from becoming clones of each other while loosing the motivation to create new ideas.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Just for the record, I've read opinions of others who claim that patents will boost creativity among competing products because it will prevent them from becoming clones of each other while loosing the motivation to create new ideas.
It could force other companies than apple to use the Pen input. which from a drawing persons perspective is good.
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

And do this mean the coming wacom 24 HD touch is illigal. Or performing a pinch zoom and scroll on it is illegal. as it is demonstated in this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWxD5E-zzIU
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

And pinch, scroll and zoom could be done by dragging a pen across the screen, which I personally would prefer. Pinch and zoom is a pubescent eye candy gimmick that becomes a distraction. I have to use it only in my Kindle Fire, which I read with pen (soft nib) in hand anyway to look up new words, check on e-mail etc. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. :|
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet