[Job]Indie Film Looking for Opening Credits Animation

Need an animator or looking for a job ? Read rules and post your job offers and curriculum.
Coondog1

[Job]Indie Film Looking for Opening Credits Animation

Post by Coondog1 »

Hello,

I just finished principal photography on my new film "Pitching Tents" starring comedian Jim Norton, Michael Grant (Brooklyn 99), Samantha Basalari, Jonathan Lipnicki (Jerry Maguire), Booboo Stewart (Twilight, XMen: Days of Future Past), Marco James (The Vampire Diaries), Spencer Daniels (Mom, Crash), Josh Caras (Boardwalk Empire, Hell on Wheels), Eric Allen Kramer (Robin Hood: Men in Tights, American Wedding), The Farley Brothers (Joe Dirt), Richard Reihle (Office Space), Jim Florentine (Crank Yankers), Chris Ellis (Armageddon, Dark Knight Rises) and Vincent Pastore (The Sopranos).

The film itself is a coming-of-age comedy in the vane of "The Way, Way Back" and the John Hughes films of the 80s that follows a high school senior who finds himself stuck in a tug-of-war between his no-nonsense father and his crackpot guidance counselor.

As of this week we have begun the post-production process and are in search of an animator to come aboard to design and animate an opening credits sequence (in a hand drawn/sketch style) that will lead us into the actual film. Along with this, there is a possibility that this animation style could become more of a transition motif throughout the film.

To be more specific, the lead character of the film is an artist and is constantly painting or sketching those around him. The idea with the opening credits would be to design and animate a sequence depicting someone (just a hand/arm holding a paint brush in a series of CU inserts) painting a grocery store mural. Throughout the sequence, the opening credits would be included, ultimately leading us to the opening frame of actual footage that takes us into the film... this first shot would first be depicted as a sketch and then transition into live action.

Rate and time frame is currently TBD, but I'd love to speak to anyone who might be interested in this opportunity.

Please feel free to email me at:

jacob@jacobcooney.com

Thanks!

Jacob Cooney
Elodie

Re: [Job]Indie Film Looking for Opening Credits Animation

Post by Elodie »

I moved the topic in the right category.
schwarzgrau

Re: [Job]Indie Film Looking for Opening Credits Animation

Post by schwarzgrau »

Do you have some examples for the desired style?
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM