The "Animation Paper" guy is at it again

To talk about anything else
UsaMiKo

The "Animation Paper" guy is at it again

Post by UsaMiKo »

Anyone remember an article over two years ago talking about a new program called Animation Paper? It promised a clean, and user-friendly interface and was, more or less, a revamp of an old program called Plastic Animation Paper. The creator of the program, Niels Krogh Mortensen, tried to start a crowfunding project for the program but, ultimately failed, making barely 19% of his goal. Now, after a year of anticipation, Mortensen has released a new website, promising to start a new Kickstarter in the Fall! You can see it here. http://animationpaper.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's the blog.
http://animationpaper.com/blog/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know it might be weird to post so much about another software, but I always thought it was a shame that this program's developement went nowhere. I Iove to see creators and developers working towards giving other creators more options, so I thought it might be worth some attention. It might be a little too barebones for TVPaint users, but I think it might fit a niche for some people. Here's to seeing where it goes.
schwarzgrau

Re: The "Animation Paper" guy is at it again

Post by schwarzgrau »

It's quite interesting, but it seems nothing has really changed, since the failed crowdfunding. So I don't understand why he tries it a second time.
At least the crowd-funding price seems to be a bit lower, but I don't know how many people are excited to buy a software, which will probably be available a few years later.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

I really love what he was offering the first time, seems to me that the problem with the first kickstarter was more of an Advertising problem and because it was a niche software. More than the software being crap. I'm glad to ssee that he has'nt given up :)
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
neonnoodle

Post by neonnoodle »

He's going to have his work really cut out for him now that OpenToonz is attracting a following... I agree though that his design work looks very promising.
UsaMiKo

Post by UsaMiKo »

Just thought I'd put this here. :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/NielsKroMo/s ... 9512962048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

UsaMiKo wrote: I know it might be weird to post so much about another software, but I always thought it was a shame that this program's developement went nowhere. I Iove to see creators and developers working towards giving other creators more options, so I thought it might be worth some attention. It might be a little too barebones for TVPaint users, but I think it might fit a niche for some people. Here's to seeing where it goes.
I wish him well on this , but there are already some nice "bare bones" (compared to TVPaint) animation programs for tablets (and for regular desktop/laptop computers) , like Digicel Flipbook and Rough Animator.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1