Could there be a future for TVPaint iPad ?

To talk about anything else
Benjamin Cerbai

Re: Could there be a future for TVPaint iPad ?

Post by Benjamin Cerbai »

Hello,

Thank you for the interest you have for TVPaint.

We will inform you when there is anything new. For now we are focusing on other parts of development.
Benjamin Cerbai, illustrator and videographer.
Sloppytoons

Post by Sloppytoons »

I'm happy to throw my hat in for beta testing. I used to beta test for Procreate, Sketchclub, and right now I'm receiving dodles updates through my test flight. I have used it through Astro Pad and duet, and I must say it wasn't ideal. :( I used it once in an emergency, and well it wasn't the best experience. I'll put it down to the other apps, not TVpaint, as it runs great on my Samsung Galaxy tab :)
My regular IG account: Sloppybunnytoons
melody_0433

Post by melody_0433 »

any updates...? I need it please...Thank you :cry: :cry: :cry:
newgamingspies

Post by newgamingspies »

Are there any updates yet?
daninski

Post by daninski »

If TVPaint are going to stay on OSX then an iPad version is going to have to happen sooner or later. Apple announced recently that it's switching to ARM based processors, and phasing out intel. During the cross over period the ARM based computers will be able to run intel stuff though a software solution but that will get discontinued eventually. Then only software compiled for ARM will work on OSX. All the software for iPhone and iPad will be interchangeable with OSX when it's running on ARM and visa versa. The job for TVP in its current iteration might be pretty big, but I think I remember that version 12 was meant to be a complete overhaul. So maybe not so impossible.
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
Sloppytoons

Post by Sloppytoons »

Well the Android version of TV paint already runs on a form of arm chips. My Samsung Galaxy Tab s6 lite runs it quite well as did my old Samsung galaxy tab s3. So if the Exynos and Snap Dragon Chips run it, no reason the A12X or above couldn't.

I think it's more about how to have it there. It's free on Android and they by pass the play store. Personally I would pay $50-$100 bucks to have TVpaint running on my iPad exactly the same as it's running on my Android with slightly better optimised UI. Right now the buttons are a bit too big on my Samsung tablet
My regular IG account: Sloppybunnytoons