Is the Bloop Animation TVPaint course worth $67?

To talk about anything else
MattVG

Is the Bloop Animation TVPaint course worth $67?

Post by MattVG »

I came across the Bloop Animation TVPaint course (www.bloopanimation.com/tvpaint-animation/) a while ago, but didn't look too closely at it. I recently came across it again and what stood out to me was that the course takes you through an entire project, from storyboards to shading and final post-processing FX. Has anyone else tried this course? Is it worth the purchase? It's only four hours long, so my thought it that it's either highly efficient or they gloss over a lot of content.

It'd be useful to me to have a course that covers the entire scope of a project, but, searching online, I've found no others. Does anyone know of similar TVPaint specific courses?
D.T. Nethery

Re: Is the Bloop Animation TVPaint course worth $67?

Post by D.T. Nethery »

I purchased the Bloop TVPaint tutorials to see if they were worth recommending as supplemental material to my online animation students. In my opinion, yes, they are good tutorials and worth the price.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
neonnoodle

Post by neonnoodle »

I purchased this tutorial set and found it VERY helpful, especially for understanding the Multiplane camera and some other aspects of TVP that I've never fully grasped. I've been using TVP for a number of years and still had plenty to learn from this series. The narration is clear and detailed, and the curriculum is practical.
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

I also bought the courses awhile back when it is around $50ish. I liked the course because I was looking for a good animation pipeline from storyboard to finish color work. There weren't a lot of options out there (Maybe even now). And Bloop Animation offered me a broader view of 2 d filmmaking. So it was worth it for me.