Show us your workspace!

To talk about anything else
Anim8tor Cathy

Re: Show us your workspace!

Post by Anim8tor Cathy »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:
Cathy, what kind of eye sight do you have that you keep your monitor so far away in the distance?!
Well Paul, I just measured it, and it's 24" from me when using the Wacom and 17" when just typing. ! It's a 24" wide screen monitor and I do wear glasses... I am experimenting with different placement of the tablet just to see if that makes a difference in my work. I got curious after idragonsani asked me that question. :D

AND WOW KLAUS!! Your workspace is so very, very neat and tidy!
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

here's mine.
I created it only a few months ago so have been trying to keep it as uncluttered as possible.
Plus, it's a small corner, so any dental floss in the way feels like a fridge :)
Attachments
asaf's workspace.jpg
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Asaf, this reminds me of my first animation stand I made when I came to the U.S. as an emigrant, 40 years ago. I nailed a 16 mm Bolex camera to the wall above a narrow bookshelf in my bedroom and had to draw all the camera moves because the camera was, well, nailed in place. I used two reading lamps for lights. I made several TV spots with that rig and in two years I bought an Oxberry animation stand with my first bank loan.

My camera room then also opened right to the outside to a tiny garden and today I work close to a door which opens into a garden -- it's the best way ever to enjoy the great outdoors!
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

it might even hover

The Emperor
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Anim8tor Cathy

Post by Anim8tor Cathy »

Whoooo Hoooo Peter! Nice work space! :wink:
Do you fly from job to job? LOL
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

My new computer is home and ready for its photo op. Now you can see why I was chuckling about the mirrors.
Attachments
workspace3.jpg
workspace3.jpg (65.58 KiB) Viewed 29222 times
workspace2.jpg
workspace2.jpg (66.73 KiB) Viewed 29223 times
workspace1.jpg
workspace1.jpg (64.85 KiB) Viewed 29218 times
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Anim8tor Cathy

Post by Anim8tor Cathy »

WOW! Lots of mirrors and monitors! I feel like such a peasant having only one monitor! HA!

I like that you have a plant in your workspace. I used to have plants in mine as well until I got the newest addition to my family, Oscar, he's a plant chewer so all the plants had to go.
Cool workspace Sierra! Thanks for sharing. :D
hisko

Post by hisko »

Did anyone see my taxpapers from the year 2007?
Please let me know if you found them. I still have a couple of days to fill them in.
Attachments
studio 2.jpg
studio 1.jpg
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

Anim8tor Cathy wrote:WOW! Lots of mirrors and monitors! I feel like such a peasant having only one monitor! HA!

I like that you have a plant in your workspace. I used to have plants in mine as well until I got the newest addition to my family, Oscar, he's a plant chewer so all the plants had to go.
Cool workspace Sierra! Thanks for sharing. :D
Thanks, Cathy. I just noticed my granddaughter's rocking horse under my desk. I didn't even know she put it there till right now.

Is Oscar a cat?

Yes, I enjoy the plants. I have a big floor to ceiling glass door through which I can see the birds in my bird bath and the honeysuckle outside. The other thing that I always need is some exercise equipment just outside the picture for stepping and rowing. I try to do this every couple of hours for about 5 minutes just to keep the blood happy.

It looks like you have some green outside your window too.

Hisko: I love your skeleton.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
hisko

Post by hisko »

Sierra K Rose wrote:
Hisko: I love your skeleton.
You would love him even more if he was complete.
Buying the rest of his body is a feature request, but it's not on top of my prioritylist.
I already have drawn every single bone of a skeleton, so I know the sorts of him.
It sure does help getting to know the inside man.
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

Yes, I have romanced bones for the last 4 years so I understand what you mean. But to have him right there by your desk....wonderful. I did find some juvenile skulls in one book (I draw lots of children).
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
hisko

Post by hisko »

Sierra K Rose wrote:wonderful. I did find some juvenile skulls in one book (I draw lots of children).
I will post some pictures of a very good German anatomybook called Bammes soon, where the differences in proportion between adults and children are shown and explained (you probably know the differences, but it was new for me).
It was very useful for me because I had to make clay heads of several characters in my film, in different ages. And faces change over time. Generally speaking, the middle line of the face of an adult is the pupil of the eye.
In a baby's face the middle line is far above the eyes.
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

Yes, this is one of the main differences in the face. There are others too. I have been drawing mostly children for 4 years (ages 6-8) but now I'm making a film for my baby grandson and have been drawing babies. Their faces are even more extreme. What fun.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Geopeto

Post by Geopeto »

Hi All I thought i would join the crowd and show you workspace also.

Just got back from a long road trip, and found my TVPA software on the porch. Still waiting for my Unlock Codes. I will be beginning the learning of new software soon, hopefully. It is going to be a long exciting and interesting summer for me. With not much time for animation and maybe not for art at all. But that is life as i know it. And so here you are.
P6240388.JPG
Attachments
P6240391.JPG
P6240390.JPG
"When the love of power is overcome by the power of love, the world will know peace.”
hisko

Post by hisko »

Sierra K Rose wrote:Yes, this is one of the main differences in the face. There are others too. I have been drawing mostly children for 4 years (ages 6-8) but now I'm making a film for my baby grandson and have been drawing babies. Their faces are even more extreme. What fun.
I have the irritating habit to keep my promises.
Here are the pages from Bammes>
Attachments
anatomy 02.jpg
anatomy 01.jpg