Show us your workspace!

To talk about anything else
Sierra Rose

Re: Show us your workspace!

Post by Sierra Rose »

Nice habit and nice pages. Thanks. I'll look for his book.

Edit: I actually ordered it after looking it over at Amazon. It is a beautiful book.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Anim8tor Cathy

Post by Anim8tor Cathy »

Hisko!! Love that skeleton! I'd like one for my living room - I bet it would be a fun addition!

Sierra - Yes, Oscar is a cat - a very curious Siamese who puts everything in his mouth, including my fingers and toes! YEEEOUCH! And yes I have a lot of greenery around my duplex - a orange tree, a Japanese Maple, a lemon tree and others that I'm not familiar with. The thing I love best about it is that it has a lot of windows - so lots of sunlight comes in. Wish I could spend more time here but lately I've been working long hours 6 days a week and there has been no time to pursue my creative passions. *sigh* :cry:
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

I understand your frustration. I raised 2 kids by myself and often had to work 3 jobs to make the money thing all work out. So many years with no time for art. That's why I savor every minute now that I'm freer.

I love cats. Oscar is a humorous name, I think.

My husband is highly allergic so I haven't had one in 25 years now. We just put our little Pom to sleep a few months ago and she came as near to having a cat as any dog I've known...small and quiet... with rules of her own. I have been thinking a LOT about getting another dog lately. When we return from Europe in the Spring, I most probably will. I've felt my heart being tugged by a certain cockapoo that lives down the street...she looks just like Jenny in Sendac's Higgledy Piggledy Pop

You are so creative, I will keep the best thoughts for you having more time for your work.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Geopeto

Post by Geopeto »

Sierra K Rose wrote:I understand your frustration. I raised 2 kids by myself and often had to work 3 jobs to make the money thing all work out. So many years with no time for art. That's why I savor every minute now that I'm freer.
I understand how you feel, i finally retired after 30 yrs with a large company, not art related, and i would like to just be and create.

Mention of Japanese maples made me want to write. I love them. I'm adding a picture of our the patio outside what is the studio. I have been landscaping this place with pond and terraces, since i retired, i suppose in the idea of Monet. Something to paint when i can get old. I like Bonsai trees but i am not very good at it yet, but that is a hobbie with LOTS of time to learn. We have been planting maples all around the property. We also have four cats running around the place, and as cats will they surprise us with a great many presents from their hunts.
P6290430.JPG
I think it has been very interesting to see a bit into others lives, the workspace seems to say quite a bit about a person, i think.
"When the love of power is overcome by the power of love, the world will know peace.”
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

Cathy

Speaking of home spaces...how are you doing with the smoke from the Big Sur fires? We lost an entire week being smoke bound...no hiking was the worst. Lucky it happened in a week when we probably wouldn't have been able to do much anyway due to Norman's eye surgery. But we got out today for the first time in 6 days and it was so wonderful. Now they are saying the smoke from the Big Sur fires is coming right at us, alas.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
rawhead

Post by rawhead »

Here´s mine "animationstation"
Equipment :
- Acer laptop with external monitor
- Mirage
- Canon scanner/printer
- Aiptek graphic tablet
- homemade animation table (thank you dad :) )
workspace_rawhead2.jpg
workspace_rawhead2.jpg (79.36 KiB) Viewed 22073 times

Extras (for inspiration and helping thru troubles :) ) :

- Mickey Mouse "Thru the Mirror" sequence (That just printed, not original, but nice anyway)
mickeymousethruthemirror.jpg
mickeymousethruthemirror.jpg (43.88 KiB) Viewed 22070 times
- Printed animation tips from Frank & Ollies (R.I.P) website http://www.frankandollie.com/AnimationTips.html
- Printed photo about "Nine Old Men"

ps.
There´s isn´t allways that beer bottle :)
Markus
Anim8tor Cathy

Post by Anim8tor Cathy »

Sierra K Rose wrote:Cathy

Speaking of home spaces...how are you doing with the smoke from the Big Sur fires? We lost an entire week being smoke bound...no hiking was the worst. Lucky it happened in a week when we probably wouldn't have been able to do much anyway due to Norman's eye surgery. But we got out today for the first time in 6 days and it was so wonderful. Now they are saying the smoke from the Big Sur fires is coming right at us, alas.

It has been smokey here too. Our only salvation on the peninsula is that we get the breeze from the coast that helps to clear it out. But with this heat wave there have been precious little breeze. Although it appears to be cooling now. THANK THE UNIVERSE! It was so hot here one day last week I thought I blew-out my monitor. Now I run it with the AC pointed at it. Luckily no harm was done - it just "shut off" by itself. Dell must have an over-heating switch on it or something.

My day job continues to drain all my time and energy so I've had no time for creativity. I did a little experimenting with 3D ... you know, every time I venture into 3D it makes me miss 2D - LOL :D
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

Yes, 3D is amazing, but it's more like puppet theatre. I love puppetry, but drawing is my real love.

Now we are getting smoke from Butte County. We are surrounded..Mendocino in the North, Chico east and Big Sur to the south. They have actually evacuated Paradise and Magalia. Lucky we get that sea breeze too...the west is our salvation.

We got out for a hike yesterday, but cut it short because we could feel the smoke effects more than we thought healthy.
The light is amber outside. It reminds me of when we were in the Mt. St. Helen's ash....the odd filtering of the light.

Now suddenly we went from 100 degrees to our more normal 75. That's a nice break.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
elmisilhumano

Post by elmisilhumano »

Here is mine workspace, old school side and the new school. In the old school side I have self made animation table and the must be electric pencil sharpener and some traditional drawing and painting equipment. I use those too rarely nowadays.
In the new school side is mac quad core intel, cintiq 18 and eizo second display monitor.

M.
Attachments
oldschool.jpg
newschool.jpg
Mikko Vormala