Post by Peter Wassink »

could this thing work with TVPaint ?

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ ... ntid=11541
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
evar

Post by evar »

Oh dear, I think lemec will go crazy when he sees this :)
Evar Simon
lemec

Post by lemec »

HA! I'm already several steps ahead of them. I'm running a piece of software called Girder, and I have many such commands already mapped to a Sony PS2 Dualshock game controller that is mounted to the side of my desk with a Manfrotto Variable Friction arm.

I use the mini-joysticks to jog/shuttle the animation, or with certain combinations of buttons on the joystick, I can activate the brush resizer, zoom and pan smoothly, add/duplicate frames, even perform nonlinear flipping actions with a "roll return".

RocknRoll adds the flipping/roll return functions, and the DifferentStrokes function adds stylus gestures. On top of all that, I've got a MIDI footpedal and a PC1600X faderboard that is reassignable to several functions such as flipping me between two different tools, activating PPalette's colour picker, panning/zooming the display, etc.

With the stylus, game controller, and footpedal all capable of making complex combination controls that act between one another, the possibilities are endless, so I don't think I'll be switching over any time soon... :D
(Win7x64, TVP Pro 11 32-bit)
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

doh! :o
so what's your next step?
functions/devices controled by voice ? ... or by pupil movement ??? (TVPA for armless animators)
:)
lemec

Post by lemec »

Eh, I already did the voice thing -- but I find voice recognition is too inaccurate when I have my air conditioner running with two fans in the room and my computer noise...

I still have two powermates that I haven't bothered to hook up -- I've only got so many hands/feet...
sury rony

Post by sury rony »

it is beyond me why aren't you a multi-what's his name-with lots of money yet.
lemec

Post by lemec »

Sadly, it's probably because you don't have to be particularly brilliant or have a great product to get rich.

You just have to be able to get people to part with their money and believe that they are getting something worthwhile in return... *COUGHCOUGHCOUGH*Bauhaus*COUGHCOUGH*

I was brought up to believe that sales and marketing were the bane of society so I will probably die poor and lonely in a slum eating catfood...

That logitech doohickey is still pretty darn neat and a heck of a step up from the Powermate. It also probably doesn't take a rocket scientist to hook it up, either. My own setup is pretty much beyond comprehension for neophytes.
fanany

Post by fanany »

anyway, I like the idea to recycle a peace of game hardware (cost around 15$)
and after having concocted a bit of code, to get a tool similar (even better)
to a "Pro" tool, sold around 150$ on the web ...

8)
javier

Post by javier »

I use Contour Design Jog Shuttle Controllers.

www.contour-design.com

I made a preset for TVPAint for Shuttle Pro and Shuttle Xpress and performs incredible fast.
Javier Ruiz
Warp 9