Lascars - Round da way

To talk about anything else
malcooning

Lascars - Round da way

Post by malcooning »

I Didn't know of this film (from 2009) till last night.
In fact I didn't even know about the Series.
It's well made. Good acting and flow. Story is on the light side, mainly fun.
You can watch it for free for another few weeks on the MUBI website:
http://mubi.com/films/round-da-way" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Elodie

Re: Lascars - Round da way

Post by Elodie »

Is that legal ? O_o

I'm astonished the film can be seen like this, but well, why not.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Actually releasing a film on the Internet for free seems to be a trend these days; to offer the film for free for a short period of time presumably sets the word of mouth into action. To that I must say that the characters got on my nerves and I just skipped through most of it. Personally, I dislike grunge, but this is as personal a feeling as what we each like to eat or how we fold our toilet paper before applying it.

:shock: :shock: Watching the film made me say that!!! :o :|
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

The film is quite good, but deserves a big screen. Nice style, it really fits together, and the french voice actors are superb.

I nearly worked for it, they held a 2-day audition in Berlin for animators and cleaners, but finally decided to do it somewhere else (I've heard Ukraine).
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

Elodie wrote:Is that legal ? O_o

I'm astonished the film can be seen like this, but well, why not.
This is why:
http://mubi.com/programs/la-semaine-de-la-critique" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mox

Post by mox »

At the time of the french release I was quite reluctant to see it and not very keen on the 2D/3D mix...
I didn't know the series before seeing the movie too but at the end, maybe the casting voices make the whole thing, it's a very good surprise that works pretty well!

Since we're talking about french animation films, check this one : "Le chat du rabin" (still no international dates though)
Jerome Lorin
Moxica (playground)
(Win11/TVP 11.7.1-64 bits pro)
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

mox wrote:Since we're talking about french animation films, check this one : "Le chat du rabin" (still no international dates though)
the comic books "the rabbi's cat" from which the film have been adapted exist in english version :
and the film is actually at Annecy festival in the Feature film competition,
(I suppose they have a subtitled version for the english-speaking people).
thearts

Post by thearts »

i just saw " le chat du rabbin"
it's a nice animation i'm very impressed.

i followed up and they have some making of videos on vimeo.com , just thought i'd share if anyone haven't seen it.

http://vimeo.com/user6584121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think TVPaint was used but it's still interesting. I think they used hand drawn,adobe flash, and some other 3D software. If anyone knows feel free to write it down below.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

GKids Distribution screened several excellent animated feature films in connection with the recent CTN Animation Expo in Burbank, California , including "Le Chat du Rabbin" . Also "Zarafa", "Le Tableau" , and "Ernest et Celestine" . Each of those were great in their own way. I enjoyed each film . The films were screened in French , with English subtitles, but GKids will be making English-language dubbed versions for general release in the U.S.

See here:

http://www.gkids.tv/films/

GKids also screened their English-language general release version of "A Cat in Paris" which I had seen last year in French with English subtitles. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the English language dub. Usually I prefer to watch a film in it's original language, with subtitles, but in the case of "A Cat in Paris" they did a good job with the English dubbing. (I did not like the English dub of "Persepolis" at all . On the DVD I choose to watch the original version in French because the voices are much better.)