TVP on iBook G4

To talk about anything else
slowtiger

TVP on iBook G4

Post by slowtiger »

My appartment gets new windows this week, a time-consuming, loud, and dirty operation, and on top it's freezing cold (-8°) here! So I chose to work in a café today, and just for fun I installed TVP on this old G4 iBook and took my Wacom Sapphire with me. Lo and behold, it works! Everything a bit slow, but good enough to sketch some stuff. Ah, and the small screen. It's a bit like drawing flipbooks again...
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Kathleen

Re: TVP on iBook G4

Post by Kathleen »

slowtiger wrote:My appartment gets new windows this week, a time-consuming, loud, and dirty operation, and on top it's freezing cold (-8°) here! So I chose to work in a café today, and just for fun I installed TVP on this old G4 iBook and took my Wacom Sapphire with me. Lo and behold, it works! Everything a bit slow, but good enough to sketch some stuff. Ah, and the small screen. It's a bit like drawing flipbooks again...
this sounds like it could be a fun way to work, now and then. Sometimes, for me, artwork can be tooo isolating, so I might try this new venue... though it is not so cold here in NY state...yet. 8) :)
osX 10.7.5 intel iMac, i7MBP
TVP Pro 10.0.14
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

This is just an aside, Kathleen. I was born and educated in Owego, New York. I left the southern tier in my 20's. Massive flood in that area not long ago (8months).It is beautiful countryside with Cayuga Lake, Watkins Glenn et al. I like to think of it as the boondocks of New York. I presently live in the Hudson Valley another beautiful area of New York.
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

ingie01 wrote:This is just an aside, Kathleen. I was born and educated in Owego, New York. I left the southern tier in my 20's. Massive flood in that area not long ago (8months).It is beautiful countryside with Cayuga Lake, Watkins Glenn et al. I like to think of it as the boondocks of New York. I presently live in the Hudson Valley another beautiful area of New York.
Hi,ingie,
I don't remember hearing about that particular flood but there have been lots in these parts, lately,the past couple of years.
The Hudson Valley is beautiful - and the Hudson River School comes to mind, Emerson,et al. - New York is a beautiful state. Taxes an awful mess, but beautiful. Wine country! 8) I do like it here, though I miss where I grew up, in the Berkshires - less settled there.
And another aside - your avatar always makes me smile. I laughed out loud when I first saw it! :lol:
osX 10.7.5 intel iMac, i7MBP
TVP Pro 10.0.14