Cintweak keyboard tray for the Cintiq

To talk about anything else
Sewie

Cintweak keyboard tray for the Cintiq

Post by Sewie »

For those of you who find it a hassle combining keyboard shortcuts with a Cintiq. This fellow has invented a pretty elegant solution to that problem, I find.
Right now it's mostly for the 24HD but I understand that he is also making a tray for the 21inch and the new 22 inch version which will be up on his site next week.

Last edited by Sewie on 12 Jul 2012, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
idragosani

Re: Cintweak keyboard tray for teh Cintiq

Post by idragosani »

I find the underdesk tray a perfect solution myself. Reaching up and across the unit would make my arm tired, as opposed to having my left hand on the keyboard immediately in front of me, which I find very comfortable. I *do* recommend getting an ergotronic drak mounted arm or similar, they are a lot more convenient than the rather static stand.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Sewie

Re: Cintweak keyboard tray for the Cintiq

Post by Sewie »

Usually I have one hand on the keyboard constantly for shortcuts. Especially with TVPaint because I have so many custom shortcuts and custom made buttons with shortcuts etc.

Do you have you keyboard on the desk underneath your Cintiq? And your Cintiq mounted on an arm?
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Sewie wrote:Do you have you keyboard on the desk underneath your Cintiq? And your Cintiq mounted on an arm?
Yes. It would be awkward nad uncomfortable, I think, to have the keyboard mounted on the top of the Cintiq, because I would have to have my hand constantly reaching up
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

idragosani wrote:because I would have to have my hand constantly reaching up
Say hello to muscle soreness and cramps :mrgreen:

No, the ideal would be to use a kind of keyboard / shuttle to put on the side.
bleupencil

Post by bleupencil »

This is interesting but I agree with Brett that it would be awkward to have the keyboard at the top and to be constantly reaching up. It would certainly develop the deltoid in the favoured arm after a while if you use it anything other than flat. I've grown used to keeping mine to the left side as I work, it's surprisingly comfortable. Helps having a fair bit of desk space too.