Who animated which character website? Disney Movies

To talk about anything else
furushil

Who animated which character website? Disney Movies

Post by furushil »

I was wondering if anybody knows a website where I can look up which animator worked on which scene in a movie. Particularly in disney movies.
Is there is a website with specific credits like: this animator worked on this character
or it would be even better if it could say: in this movie this animator worked on this scene

IMDB is not a good source for that and probably a website like that does not exist but maybe someone knows something.

The "Living Lines Library" Blog is a good source but only for pencil tests. (I have the movies, I just need to know who animated which scene)
MAC OS 12.6.2 - TVpaint 11.7.1 PRO 64bit, Wacom Intuos Pro
D.T. Nethery

Re: Who animated which character website? Disney Movies

Post by D.T. Nethery »

At Disney they kept a tracking document called the Draft which broke down each movie into sequences and scenes . The scene drafts list what scenes were assigned to which animators. So if you can get your hands on a copy of the Draft you can see who was credited with the animation. Copies are hard to find outside of the Disney Archives/Animation Research Library .

Hans Perk has posted a number of Disney scene drafts on his blog:

http://afilmla.blogspot.com/search/label/Draft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You'll have to search back through the old archived posts to find them all. The last one he posted was for Mary Poppins. In the sidebar of his blog you can see which drafts have been posted (for features and for shorts) .
furushil

Re: Who animated which character website? Disney Movies

Post by furushil »

Wow, that's it!!!

Amazing blog!

Thank you!

I love the internet!
MAC OS 12.6.2 - TVpaint 11.7.1 PRO 64bit, Wacom Intuos Pro