a question about holes.

To talk about anything else
Fabrice

a question about holes.

Post by Fabrice »

Hi there,

Just a quick question :

Are those pegs holes formats the only ones existing in the industry ?
Attachments
pegbar_holes.jpg
pegbar_holes.jpg (17.34 KiB) Viewed 13408 times
Fabrice Debarge
slowtiger

Re: a question about holes.

Post by slowtiger »

I haven't seen any others. I own a pegbar which I was told is from Russia, or at least from East Germany, but the measurements match those of the ACME pegbar.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Fabrice wrote:Hi there,

Just a quick question :

Are those pegs holes formats the only ones existing in the industry ?
Acme pegs and Oxberry pegs were the most common, although the vast majority of studios used Acme pegs. Disney switched from their own peg system to Acme pegs in 1986 (Acme pegs were copied from Disney pegs , but were set wider apart than the Disney pegs ; this is a way of identifying authentic Disney drawings and cels on movies prior to "The Great Mouse Detective (1986) , because forgeries of artwork from earlier Disney films often have the mistake of being drawn on paper or cels punched with Acme peg holes )

There was one other animation peg system in use called "Signal Corps pegs" , which was a peg system used by the U.S. Army Signal Corps in World War II for military training films, but then after the War many smaller animation studios purchased war surplus film equipment , including animation desks and cameras , that used the Signal Corps peg system.

http://www.printmag.com/comics-and-anim ... ch-longer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

thanks David.
Fabrice Debarge